Content Marketing Manager
Universal Music GroupWandsworth, UK
Full Time Job
Job title: Content Marketing Manager
Responsible to: Director, Frontline Content Marketing
Department: Eagle Rock
Location of work: Wandsworth (Kings Cross - December 2018)
Main purpose of role:
Eagle Rock Entertainment is the world-leading producer and distributor of music-related audiovisual content. Founded in 1997, the multi-award-winning company releases over 50 productions a year including concerts, documentaries, scripted formats and specials representing over 2,000 hours of programming. The vast catalogue includes work by award-winning filmmakers such as Martin Scorsese, Brett Morgan, Paul Dugdale, Stanley Nelson and Bob Smeaton. Eagle Rock has worked alongside a variety of artists including the Rolling Stones, Madonna, Jay Z, Paul McCartney, Frank Sinatra, Katy Perry, Black Sabbath and Imagine Dragons.
Responsible for the global product management of an allocation of new release Eagle Rock projects, the Content Marketing Manager will for all intents and purposes be the ‘project owner’ within the company , and will work across all divisions and very closely with artist management to ensure the best possible global release set-up, with direct responsibility for creating the UK marketing plan.
Key Responsibilities :
To manage the strategic and efficient marketing, promotion and se t-up of global release projects:
• Define, with other stakeholders, optimum content monetisation strategy.
• Initiate, plan and manage all aspects of global m arketing c ampaigns for allocated projects.
• Establish, nurture and grow str ong working relationships with a rtist m anagement, internal and international colleagues.
• Work with artist management to secure approvals across whole project (timelines, formats, artwork, marketing assets, merch, artist support, press etc.).
• Deliver creative content initiatives against each project milestone - b rief internal team or creative agency to develop unique, impactful tools for TV, online, print and / or radio campaigns.
• Be the main source of information in the company on everything r elating to allocated projects, a nd drive the project from initiation to release and beyond, ensuring critical deadlines are met.
• Ensure the timely communication to both internal and international colleagues , and artist management of strategy, marketing objectives, release p lans (including details of windows/holdbacks), creative, updates etc.
• Actively identify new commercial project opportunities for the company by working with UMG labels and personal contacts, in consultation with line manager.
• Input into A&R process, and hold a ready knowledge of artists, commercial landscape and emerging technology.
• Work closely with Production on creative, formats and packaging; agree pricing with Commercial Affairs, and update internal catalogue price list.
• Ensure UMG Release Planning and Digital Supply Chain have all details necessary to ensure the project is scheduled correctly across all formats.
• Draft UK marketing plan with in allocated budget, using internal intel and retail feedback to ensure the spend is efficient, targeted and will deliver maximum ROI, for line manager approval.
• Troubleshoot and resolve any and all project issues (working with the broader team) and implement preventative , proactive action to minimise reoccurrence.
• Work closely with the markets (Eagle Rock US, particularly) to ensure marketing collateral is innovative and relevant, adapting where required, and managing any artist approvals on territory-specific requests. On priority projects, gather market-specific marketing plans and sales estimates.
• Maintain internal communication with line manager and senior management, highlighting issues in a timely fashion and utilising internal resources to maximise effectiveness of campaigns .
• Work with Digital Marketing Manager, Content Strategy Manager and internal media agency to deliver creative and efficient online marketing spends against project KPIs.
• W ork on own initiative to ensure all opportunities are explored and maximised.
• Regular group / individual calls and video conferences with major markets.
• Represent Eagle Rock at various internal UMG and external meetings.
Person SpecificationE ssential
• Proven Product Manager experience , with a demonstrable background of liaising effectively and comprehensively with both Managers and Artists.
• Full command of social media and d igital marketing , and the opportunities it provides for brands and marketers.
• Working operational knowledge of all Digital Service Providers, theirs points of difference and how they work.
• Strong network of contacts to help feed into A&R and potential acquisitions.
• Commercially focus ed .
• C reative ideas and solutions , and quick to learn and adapt as required.
• Experience of influencing and persuading at all levels of an organ isation.
• S trong communication and presentation skills , both verbal and written .
• D esire and ability to drive projects , from inception and pitch to completion .
• Highly motivated, f lexible and able to prioritise own workload; h ard working and enthusiastic .
• D isciplined and organised – excellent time management skills .
• C omfortable working under pressure in a constantly evolving environment.
• P assion for music .
• Strong t eam player .
• Keen attention to detail.
• Proficiency in MS Office and common office software.
• S trong negotiation skills .
• Knowledge of the global audiovisual market.
• Experience of in-house IT applications (including budgeting & invoice approval systems, sales information systems etc.).
• Marketing qualification preferably to degree level.
Diversity and Inclusion
Universal Music is an equal opportunities employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favourably on grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age .
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.