Universal Music GroupKings Cross, UK
Full Time Job
Job title: Commercial Manager
Responsible to: Commercial Director
Location of work: Kings Cross
Main Purpose of Role
U-Live is a promoter, producer and investor in live entertainment. Our portfolio ranges from festivals, to musical theatre, from live film events to large outdoor concerts. This position will report to the Commercial Director, and their key role will be to look after the contracting of artists and other commercial partners for our events. Other areas include assisting with managing the revenue generating areas of the business. Based in London office with requirement to work on site during festival dates.
Manage the process of contracting all artists, partners and suppliers across the portfolio.
Co-ordinate the tender process for bars, food traders and merchandise concessionaires.
Manage communications with revenue generating relationships.
Monitor commercial opportunities throughout on sale period.
Assist Commercial Director as required.
• Experience in either managing commercial relationships and contracts or a law degree which offer understanding to legal aspects within contracts.
• Demonstrable knowledge of operating office equipment and IT.
• Literate and Numerate with proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and other office applications.
• Desire to learn and develop in the role.
• Effective communication skills; able to communicate with clients, colleagues and contractors, with excellent written skills.
• Ability to work on your own as well as part of a dynamic team. (We’re all hands-on deck during the festival season!)
• Time management and ability to prioritise and manage periods of busy workload.
• Budget / P&L management experience.
• Experience of working in events, festivals or a venue.
Diversity and Inclusion
Universal Music is an equal opportunities employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favourably on grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age.
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.