Universal Music GroupKings Cross, UK
Full Time Job
Job title: Commercial Analyst
Responsible to: Director of Commercial Intelligence
Department: Commercial Intelligence (UK Commercial Division)
Location of work: 4 Pancras Square, Kings Cross
Main Purpose of the Role:
The successful candidate will work within a team dedicated to providing first cl ass commercial intelligence . The role requires the delivery of trend and performance analysis across both the Market and Business Partner s . There will also responsible for delivering adhoc project work.
In all cases, the analysis delivered should culminate in key learning s , and where appropriate strategic recommendations , always with the intention of adding value to the business.
To that end, the role requires a keen commercial acumen , alongside strong analytical and inter-personal skills , project management and a proactive approach to problem solving .
Ideally the successful candidate will have a background in, or knowledge of, using SQL to query data.
Other duties will include:
• Deliver established m arket, channel and partner analysis. This can cover all aspects of the business from demographic trends to revenue tracking.
• Work with the other members of the team, or other departments in the Commercial Division, to support the analytical needs of the business.
• Deliver adhoc project work on the market, partner s , or broader strategic questions .
• Support the UK labels with any analysis requirements.
• Maintain and build relationships with other analysts in the business , to maximise shared learning .
• Query data using SQL .
• Prepare and give internal presentations .
• Keep abreast of new technological, Business Partner and industry developments with a view to how they impact the analysis undertaken by then team .
• Educated to degree level or equivalent (a commercial subject at degree level is advantageous).
• Highly numerate and results orientated with a clear focus on high quality, attention to detail, and profit maximisation.
• Excellent IT skills; high proficiency in Microsoft Excel is a must.
• Experience using Tableau
• Solid understanding of SQL .
• Knowledge of Google Bi g Query is desirable .
• Proactive and a keen problem solver .
• Proven ability to make rational judgements from the available information, by demonstrating an inquisitive and analytical approach.
• Diligent and reliable, capable of managing and delivering on multiple projects simultaneously and to a high standard, both autonomously and as part of a team.
• Able to work on their own as well as part of a team and with management at all levels of the business.
• Very familiar with current issues and trends; stays ahead of the game and can produce innovative ideas, approaches, insights and identify opportunities by applying business and industry knowledge.
• Technically confident; ideally with a personal interest in new media, digital and all technology; understands key terminology and communicates effectively with experts and novices alike.
• Confident in presenting to both small and large groups.
Diversity and Inclusion:
Universal Music is an equal opportunities employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favourably on grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age.
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.