Catalog & Campaign Analyst
Universal Music GroupWoodland Hills, CA
Full Time Job
We are a leading Consumer Products Company in the Media and Entertainment Sector. We produce, distribute and promote the most acclaimed and commercially successful entertainment product to delight and entertain fans around the world. The specific group is responsible for managing the end-to-end Supply Chain to setup, manufacture and distribute time sensitive media product to a very demanding retail and consumer market.
The Catalog Analyst is responsible for all production related activities within the team, concentrating on the Catalog Life Cycle of Media related products. This position is also responsible for the development of both a sales and POS forecast for multiple assigned accounts, as well as coordination of inventory planning processes.
This position will analyse account and sku specific data to improve forecast accuracy for both shipments and POS. They will coordinate item and BOM setups and will track the critical path for assigned accounts and procure inventory depending on account requirements. They will participate in forecast consensus reviews, account specific meetings, and periodic forecast accuracy and inventory review sessions.
The Analyst is responsible for ensuring that all activities required to support daily and ongoing client supply needs are executed:
• Manufacturing: Management and execution of all specified manufacturing requirements, including print and label artwork distribution, print procurement, corrugate procurement, raw material procurement, and distribution services.
• Procurement: Management and execution of the procurement process for packaged media. Management of this process would include: assuring the timeliness and accuracy of purchase order placement, pricing verification, monitoring due dates and delivery schedules, and the monitoring of the accounts payable balances and invoice reconciliation.
• Inventory Planning: Management and execution of Catalog packaged media finished goods inventory levels to ensure appropriate levels of supply to fulfil anticipated or forecasted sales orders withing defined service levels (SLAs). Activities include proper costing of the inventory, accountability for the perpetual inventory balances, insuring raw material inventory availability, managing multiple distribution centers and insuring that supply satisfies current and expected demand. It also includes evaluating excess inventory, ordering destruction of obsolete goods, reworking of non-sellable goods back into sellable units, and monitoring returns processing.
• Catalog Campaign Management: Management of Catalog single unit and corrugate (prepacked) promotions, which requires developing, maintaining, and monitoring timelines and critical path milestones. Successful management of this process must insure that coordination takes place across the supply chain, improving promotional visibility between all Platform Clients and vendors. Responsibilities include: end-to-end promotional planning and execution processes, analysing sales forecasts and historical information, identifying sales patterns and consistencies, providing suggested procurement quantities for finished goods and related components, and placement of procurement orders.
• Item Setup: Management of specified Catalog segment associated finished goods and raw material item set up and maintenance, bill of material set up and maintenance, product model set up and maintenance, manufacturing instruction set up and maintenance, and cost type and cost component set up and maintenance.
Forecasting and Demand Planning
• Demand Planning: Management of specified account/sku level POS and Shipment forecasts for all phases of a product's life cycle including replenishment, promotions, resets, and Catalog; collaboration with Sales, Sales Planning, and Marketing to assist with gathering promotional and reset information in order to improve forecast accuracy, and product availability.
• Gathering sales forecasts and historical information, analysing this data and determining the appropriate amount of inventory to procure.
Vendor Relationship and Customer Service:
• The Analyst is responsible for Customer and Vendor relationships, including issue resolution management, status briefings, performance management, KPI’s, communication optimization, and process/procedure development.
Process Improvement, Documentation and Training:
• The Analyst evaluates current systems and processes, recommending enhancements and modifications to management. Develop, evaluate, document, and improve department / inter-department processes and implement recommendations. Conduct and coordinate root cause analysis and corrective measure documentation internally and externally to ensure success of the total supply chain. Document internal processes and procedures, and implemented as they relate directly to systems, database records, legal documents, account profiles, physical processes, and people.
Operational and KPI Reporting:
• Development and utilization of reports and performance indicators to be used by the department managers. They must provide planned and ad hoc reporting as scheduled and/or requested. Develop and provide materials that may be used in presentations to Platform client departments (Sales, Marketing, Production), and/or customers.
• Ability to analyze data and trends, make educated conclusions based upon data and execute transactions driving real results
• Ability to apply learned forecast analytics.
• Demonstrates experience in extracting and segmenting data to facilitate data analysis.
• Is adept at implementing and/or designing statistical metrics.
• Demonstrated skills and abilities to analyse and inventory data and make reasonable recommendations
• Knows how or where to obtain information; is resourceful.
• Working knowledge of Supply Chain analytical concepts
• Proven interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Expresses written ideas, thoughts, or facts in a clear, convincing, and organized way
• Embraces teamwork; shares ideas / methods to improve performance
Time Management Skills
• Prioritizes work activities; plans and stays organized in order to meet commitment and productivity standards
• Can seamlesly manage multiple projects and priorities
• Develops well thought out action plans
• Manages timelines; deals effectively with the cahllenges of a fast pace, high pressure environment
Other Required Skills
• Takes ownership and responsibility for work progress
• Is a highly detail oriented individual
• Takes independent action and works autonomously.
• Takes initiative and seeks increased responsibilities.
• General understanding of manufacturing, and supply chain operations
• Required: English
• Any other language is an asset
• Service delivery orientation
• Analytical, data driven approach
• End to end supply chain services orientation
• Positive mindset, attitude and behavior
• Embraces and drives change in alignment with an ever changing business environment
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (MS, Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Visio)
• Strong Excel skills required
• 1-2 years of experience preferred in a production forecasting, or a planning role with a particular