Campaign Manager Mercury
Universal Music GroupKings Cross, UK
Full Time Job
Job title : Campaign Manager Mercury KX
Responsible to: Director of Marketing / MD MKX
Department : Marketing, Decca
Location of work: 4PS
Main purpose of the role:
Role overview :
To create, deliver and be the driving force behind outstanding and profitable marketing campaigns for UK and international releases on MKX, as well as other designated releases. To expand and develop the MKX label profile with audiences, partners and artists.
Our ideal candidate will have a complete understanding of and passion for the areas of music the label operates in, and is keen to deliver the exciting music and artists on the MKX roster to the broadest audiences with creativity and a holistic vision for their campaigns. We are looking for someone with a desire to excel in their role leading projects with end-to-end vision and a steely determination.
• Produce and product manage marketing campaigns related to your designated artists, projects and activities
• Strategize long-term streaming centric campaigns that extend the visibility of a project and artist far beyond a traditional release cycle
• Develop and execute campaign ideas for the label brand in general creating a cohesive vision across the roster
• Working closely with artists - o ffer strong, cohesive briefs to creative agencies and then select the best treatment to meet the needs of the marketing campaign
• Delivering creative marketing tools for use across all digital, OOH and broadcast for international use
• Instigate video and photo sessions, select photographers, draft contract, attend photo shoots
• Select designer and direct sleeve design in collaboration with Artist Management and obtain necessary approvals
• Work within the Decca Marketing team as custo d ian of neo-classical and specialist releases
• Oversee all market research activity, on- and off-line, liaising closely with the Universal Music Insight division
• Co-ordinate directly with artists/management and the Digital team to devise integrated online campaigns
• Embrace new technologies and their benefits – commercial and creative – for the growth of the unit and the business
• Work closely with the wider label – A&R/Digital/Press/Promotions/Sales etc. to ensure connected and cutting-edge campaigns across the business
• Write and publish weekly marketing updates for the label
• Manage relevant artist /label showcases and events
• Liaison with the A&R Managers and producers of domestic roster acts with regards to master delivery, mixes, samplers, label copy, music samples and technical issues relevant to the initiation and marketing of a product
• Operate within agreed budgetary controls for initiation of records and marketing plans, operating the computerised budget control system and keeping accurate records of expenditure and planned expenditure
• Experience of working with musicians / projects within the neo-classical / electronic sphere
• Proven knowledge of charts, trends and artists
• Proven capability to work autonomously, demonstrating the ability to make decisions
• Drive and ability to push projects through to completion
• Experience of managing budgets
• Proven ability to contribute to innovative, creative and commercially successful marketing strategies
• Excellent relationship-building and relationship-management skills and the ability to deal with difficult situations with tact and diplomacy
• Capacity to represent the company within the broader music industry
• Strong commun ication skills, written and verbal
• Experience of working with and guiding external creative and media buying agencies
• An interest and proven experience of digital marketing
• Experience assisting photo shoots, including managing budgets, briefs and contracts
• Experience of creating and delivering digital campaigns
Diversity and inclusion
Universal Music is an equal opportunities employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favourably on grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age.
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.
About Decca Records
Home to icons of classical, jazz, country, Americana and more, Decca Records - synonymous with 60s rock’n’roll - has been defining music of all genres since 1929. We are an exciting and vibrant label at Decca with a team who are passionate about delivering outstanding campaigns of all genres to a broad demographic of music lovers.
About Mercury KX
Mercury KX has been launched in 2016 as a sublabel to Decca Records, focussing on neo-classical and electronic music. With exclusive artists includ ing Olafur Arnalds, Luke Howard, Lambert and Sebastian Plano the label is home to a growing number of genre-bending composers and producers.