Assistant Studio Manager
Universal Music GroupHollywood, CA
Full Time Job
Provide administrative and customer service support for Capitol Studios & Mastering Reporting to VP of Studios and General manager. Project a professional and service-oriented image through direct in-person and phone interaction with clients and potential clients in a high-pressure environment. Work to increase sales while initiating more exposure of Capitol Studios to the music and entertainment community.
• Responsible for working with VP of Studios and directly managing the scheduling and keeping Studio Calendar current on a daily basis. This refers to:
• Studios schedules (Google Cal.) Studio A, B, C, D and E.
• Engineering staff schedules.
• Set up staff schedule
• Technical staff schedules.
• Inform and update technical staff of session special needs.
• Assist in all required documentation for COI (certificate of Insurance), location agreements, licensing, for film shoots, showcases, Capitol Seminars, etc.
• Work with Office Assistant on setting up new client accounts
• Oversee coordination of department meetings, conferences, and travel and expense
• reports for VP of Studios.
• Studios Internal / External Billing
• E-mailing draft copy of charges to clients for approval and confirmation of
• payment method.
• Collect additional billing information. i.e. Rentals, piano tuning.
• Process to final invoice and process credit card charges in conjunction with the office assistant.
• Work in liaison with Finance team setting up new accounts and maintaining
• credit card log.
• Parking liaison of client designated parking.
• Responsible for Accounts Payable duties as needed and with support from Finance.
• Sending invoices to accounts payable and answering vendor queries when possible. This would pertain to:
• Equipment rentals internal and external.
• Piano tuning.
• Other miscellaneous client request prior to a session.
• Manage office staff and operations when Vice President of Studios is out of office.
• Leadership skills/People management
• Understanding of entertainment media assets
• Understanding of the major label music business
• Ability to effectively communicate with senior management
• Ability to deal with ambiguity and work independently
• Recording studio and label experience preferred
• BA in relevant field or equivalent work experience
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.