Artist Royalty Manager
Universal Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The Artist Royalty Manager will be responsible for maintaining royalty processes pertaining to Artist, Producer and other sound recording participant accountings. This is a key role to help ensure that we are accurately reporting royalties to artists and third parties in accordance with the applicable contracts and licenses.
This position affords the right candidate exposure to all aspects of artist royalty reporting and many key players in the business space. The right candidate will have a passion for music and be hungry to learn and grow in the business of music.
The candidate will manage the Artist Royalty team and report to GM of Rights Royalties Division in our Orange Office.
• Analyze artist contracts for royalty obligations and prepare corresponding contract brief summaries
• Entry of royalty terms related to artists, producers or third parties into system. Create new accounts, add related royalty rates, link new products and run reports
• Ensure all artist royalty contract entries are compliant with internal controls
• Responsible for expense and recoupment analysis as it may relate to royalty accounts
• Make any necessary system corrections or royalty adjustments
• Manage period end tasks and payout reports
• Serve as a main point of contact for artist royalty clients
• Coordinate and complete special projects as assigned and needed
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel
• Candidate must be detail oriented, a good decision maker and have a positive attitude
• Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure in fast paced environment
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in the music industry
• Bachelor’s degree in the field of business, finance or legal
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.