Analyst, Global Royalty
Universal Music GroupFranklin, TN
Full Time Job
Universal Music Publishing Group (UMPG) is the leading global music publisher with more than 57 offices in 47 countries. UMPG has some of the most important contemporary songwriters and artists on its global roster. UMPG is also the leading production music group in the world with a diverse and comprehensive portfolio of UPPM-owned repertoire. UPPM is the preeminent supplier of high-level production music throughout the world and serves the burgeoning business that creates, produces, and licenses music for use in film/TV, advertising, broadcast, and corporate clients.
How We LEAD:
We are looking for a motivated person to work as part of the Global Royalty team. The Analyst will be responsible for the processing of incoming royalty statements for designated territories. The right candidate will be skilled at processing, gathering, reviewing, and presenting royalty data in an organized manner. They should have an eye for detail along with the ability to identify data trends and anomalies. The ability to work timetables and successfully deal with ad hoc requests is essential for this role. This position reports to the Global Royalty Manager.
How You’ll CREATE:
• Oversee incoming royalty statement processing for designated territories
• Work closely with Data Services and Team Coordinators to ensure accuracy of data captured in UMPG systems
• Royalty statement reconciliations
• Liaise with local offices, as necessary, regarding statement queries and royalty runs.
• Perform royalty runs for designated territories, adhering to timetables
• Identify and address calculation errors and maintain suspense balances
• Investigate, validate, and process adjustments submitted by local offices
• Ensure review and control procedures are carried out for designated territories.
• Assist with training of new staff
• Other related duties as assigned.
Bring Your VIBE:
• 1-2 years music publishing company experience in a royalty admin related role preferred
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook. Advanced data management and Excel skills required
• Strong analytical background. Excellent organizational skills. Detail orientated.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
• Ability to meet deadlines quickly and accurately, multi-task and work well under pressure with changing priorities.
• 4-year college degree; Business/Accounting focus preferred but not required
• Ability to learn quickly and work proactively.
• Ability to work well in a team environment.
• Overtime as required.
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an E-Verify employer.
For more information, please click on the following links.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English / Spanish
E-Verify Right to Work Poster: English | Spanish