Analyst, Copyright Royalties
Universal Music GroupWoodland Hills, CA
Full Time Job
UMG is currently seeking an Analyst in its Copyright Royalties Department. The Analyst will, among other things: identify exploitations of assets, research song ownership, verify and assign copyright ownership splits with internal and external parties as required. The position requires focus, diligence, and accuracy, all accomplished in a fast-paced environment. Analyst must be agile and adaptable, organized and dependable – showing character and care for the work produced. The role also requires ability to cultivate effective relationships with label personnel and other third parties.
• Identify all exploitations of a given asset for each assigned artist/product/schedule (via release schedules or sales files)
• Research song ownership based on preliminary label copy and internal system triggers
• Contact internal and external parties as required to verify copyright ownership splits
• Assign copyright ownership splits and licensing direction to all associated products and sales channels for a given asset
• Maintain contact records and update systems accordingly
• Provide notifications and status reports as required by North American Copyright Royalties policies
• Identify or create & assign royalty accounts for all verified publisher shares
• Other duties as assigned
• Strong quantitative, analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills with attention to detail
• Learning agility
• Bias to action
• Perseverant and accountable
• Must be able to prioritize work and meet deadlines
• Collaborative nature
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Working knowledge of P.C. and mainframe computer systems
• Available to work overtime as needed
• Bilingual Spanish speaker preferred
• Industry or publishing experience (preferred)
• Proficient in MS Office Suite 2007 or above (all applications)
• BA Music Industry (preferred)
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.