Administrative Assistant - Marketing
Universal Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Republic is looking for a dynamic Administrative Assistant to support the Marketing Department. The ideal candidate will be an organized, detail oriented person, who can easily handle the assistant duties listed below, as well as someone who can take on more responsibilities as they get established in the role. This will be a great opportunity for someone who can handle the day-to-day workload and will also be motivated to identify ways to contribute to the department.
• Direct support for designated Marketing Executives (also support marketing department as needed)
• Manage calendars/coordinate incoming requests and prioritize
• Setting up meetings/conference calls
• Exercise discretion when patching calls, rolling calls, and interrupting meetings
• Book travel, accommodations, car services
• Track expenses and submit weekly expense reports in a timely and accurate manner
• Order office supplies
• Coordinate and assist with all marketing initiatives (Timelines, artist decks, one-sheets, presentations)
• Initiate and coordinate the design and manufacture of promo and merch items (posters, stickers, etc.)
• Liaise with other departments, including Radio, Publicity, Digital and Production depts.
• Coordinate and work in concert with other assistants and departments on special projects as needed (Listening Events, showcases, album Release Parties etc.)
• Manage marketing product inventory
• Send weekly reports when needed including Soundscan, Mediabase, Spotify, etc.
• Assist with new supplier set up, create PO’s, code and process invoices within Uniport, track/reconcile budgets
• Additional duties as needed.
• Ability to interact comfortably and effectively with employees of our company at all levels including Senior Management
• Ability to interact comfortably and effectively with employees of companies with which we do business
• Self-motivated, proactive, and resourceful
• Excellent follow-through and attention to detail, customer service skills, organization and time management skills
• Flexible – able to adjust to changing priorities, and able to multi-task under pressure
• Strong proficiency and working knowledge of Mac and PC experience (proficiency in MS Word & Excel, PowerPoint); Very strong typing skills
• Internet savvy is a must
• Ability to handle confidential information
• Highly motivated with networking ability
• Able to work in a very fast and energetic environment
• Excellent oral and written communication skills required
• Must also demonstrate initiative, resourcefulness, and an ability to manage multiple assignments under tight deadlines
• Experience and knowledge of music is preferred
• Experience and ability to navigate SoundScan, Mediabase, and additional similar systems preferred
• College degree preferred
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.