Administrative Assistant, Global Marketing, Urban
Universal Music GroupHollywood, CA
Full Time Job
Based at the iconic Capitol Tower in the heart of Hollywood, Capitol Music Group is home to some of the best known labels in modern music; encompassing the jazz icons of Blue Note, Capitol’s generations of pop stars, and the legendary recording of Motown to name but a few. We produce, distribute and promote some of the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music in the industry. This role is a fantastic opportunity to join an organization on the cutting edge of the modern music business and, as part of Universal Music Group, a chance to be part of the world’s leading Music Company.
In this dynamic position, the Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support to the SVP of Global Marketing and the Urban Team. The ideal candidate will possess strong administrative, organizational, and a “can do” attitude. Passion for music, entrepreneurial spirit, polished professional demeanour, ability to keep calm under pressure and desire for a career in marketing at Capitol Music Group are musts. Prior marketing and/or administrative experience in a professional environment is ideal.
• Support the SVP of Global Marketing, including but not limited to: arranging meetings and conference calls, covering phone lines and managing calendars, greeting guests, booking travel, coordinating verbal and email requests, working closely with other assistants and helping cover their lines as needed
• Coordinate expense reports for SVP of Global Marketing and the Directors, as needed
• Help with coordination of various artists projects and activities with other departments
• Assist in the development of new marketing strategies and ideas
• Assist in the design of images and graphics for artist proposals and one-sheets
• Research and study new consumer trends
• Plan and organize meetings for urban global marketing team
• Assist in the updating of artists’ calendars, timelines, schedules and one-sheets regularly
• Participate in meetings to discuss current and upcoming marketing and promotional plans, when applicable
• Manage travel and expense reports for product managers and senior leadership
• Schedule and organize meetings for urban marketing team
• Help the department coordinators with gathering assets and booking advertising campaigns
• Order, manage and maintain artists CD, DVD and office supply inventories
• Process invoices from outside vendors and follow up on payments
• Attend events and shows to build professional relationships with contacts at other record labels and industry contacts.
• Ability to interact comfortably and effectively with employees of the company at all levels including Senior Management
• Ability to interact comfortably and effectively with external partners
• Strong administrative, organizational and creative skills
• Strong computer skills are a plus – understanding of Microsoft Office and Photoshop
• Ability to work under high pressure and speed
• Great social and interpersonal skills
• Ability to keep information highly confidential
• Must be flexible, able to multi-task and manage time effectively
• Strong organizational and research skills
• Passion for music, pop culture and entertainment knowledge is critical
• 1-2 years of marketing and/or administrative experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or Communications
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.