Vice President, National Publicity
United Artists ReleasingWest Hollywood, CA
Full Time Job
JOB DESCRIPTION: VICE PRESIDENT, NATIONAL PUBLICITY
Vice President, National Publicity - Seeking an innovative, forward-thinking publicity executive who can develop and execute strategic, immersive publicity campaigns for both franchise event films and specialty/awards titles. Ideal candidate will have a minimum of 10 years' experience doing senior-level campaign management. Must have strong relationships with A-list journalists and editors across platforms (including business and trade press). Must have a strong knowledge of evolving digital landscape. Must be able to effectively oversee multiple campaigns in a dynamic, fast-paced and collaborative environment.
• You will develop, oversee and execute comprehensive publicity campaigns for United Artists Releasing theatrical releases as assigned
• You will create and oversee big picture strategy for release and awards campaigns and work across digital, field, events, promotions, social, content and awards teams to synchronize campaign priorities and strategy
• You will map out publicity objectives in addition to pitching A-list outlets across platforms
• You will initiate and oversee awards campaign activities in concert with the awards team and consultants
• You will be responsible for creating and participating in presentations for filmmakers and talent
• You will help to manage relationships and oversee communications with 3rd party partners
• You will supervise and direct outside publicity agencies and are responsible for setting benchmarks monitoring their performance for the duration of each campaign
• You will regularly communicate publicity updates to senior level executives, filmmakers and talent
• You will liaise with the digital team to insure 360-degree activations across traditional/digital and social platforms
• You will work with the head of the department to manage corporate publicity strategy
• You will plan and oversee publicity strategy for film launches at A-list domestic film festivals
• You will have extensive working knowledge of awards campaigns and have strong relationships with film critics, guilds, columnists and awards pundits
• You will be expected to stay abreast of and monitor the competitive editorial landscape and have a strong knowledge of industry trends
• You will supervise production publicity on films (this includes overseeing unit publicists, and working closely with the photo editor to monitor unit photography and approvals)
• You will actively participate in brainstorming strategy sessions with members of the executive team
• You will communicate publicity initiatives to talent representatives and supervise the execution of publicity campaigns to ensure maximum talent participation
• You will oversee, manage and mentor junior staff members
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in film/network/streamer publicity department
• 5+ years in a leadership position in a publicity department or at a PR agency
• Strong editorial relationships
• Previous experience launching managing franchise or event film or series
• Direct experience overseeing awards campaigns
• Proven success at creating and executing innovative, strategic publicity campaigns
• Strong written and verbal communication/presentation skills
• Required Education: Bachelor's Degree
• Must be willing to work in Los Angeles
• Must be able to work flexible hours including weekends and evenings
• Some travel will be required
United Artists Releasing is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and does not unlawfully discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, pregnancy, age over 40, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, registered domestic partner status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation. Please inform UAR's Human Resources Department if you need assistance to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process. UAR will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
United Artists Releasing, a Joint Venture between Metro Goldwyn Mayer (MGM) and Annapurna Pictures (Annapurna), is a U.S. theatrical releasing company. Built upon the legacy of the iconic United Artists motion picture studio, the joint venture provides a home where filmmakers are supported by thoughtful approaches to marketing, publicity and distribution. United Artists Releasing offers content creators an alternative distribution option outside of the studio system and supports Annapurna and MGM's film slates as well as the films of third-party filmmakers.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online