Head of Legal
United Artists ReleasingWest Hollywood, CA
Full Time Job
Head of Legal
This position will provide strong and effective leadership by managing both the day to day operations and long-term planning for the UA Releasing Legal department.
• Manage and oversee all legal aspects of theatrical marketing campaigns, key art, theatrical trailers, and creative content
• Negotiate, structure, and draft deal pertaining to marketing and distribution promotions, partnerships, and sweepstakes
• Work with JV Partners on any Legal issues regarding business related negotiations and agreements and litigation and corporate matters
• Works with senior management team to provide solutions to legal issues; provide long term planning for Legal function by identifying trend both current and future
• Manage clearance by overseeing and providing direction to Clearance Director
• Establish and maintain familiarity with the requirements of and relationships with all the major entertainment guilds
• Develop and maintain relationships with relevant industry contacts
• JD Degree and Bar Admission for State of California
• 6 - 8 years of combined experience as a practicing entertainment attorney at a law firm or Studio managing the theatrical marketing
• Experience working with clients across multiple departments
• Established industry relationships with the entertainment guilds
• Must be able to apply combined business and legal judgement to proposed deals and company issues
United Artists Releasing is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and does not unlawfully discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, pregnancy, age over 40, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, registered domestic partner status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation. Please inform UAR's Human Resources Department if you need assistance to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process. UAR will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
United Artists Releasing, a Joint Venture between Metro Goldwyn Mayer (MGM) and Annapurna Pictures (Annapurna), is a U.S. theatrical releasing company. Built upon the legacy of the iconic United Artists motion picture studio, the joint venture provides a home where filmmakers are supported by thoughtful approaches to marketing, publicity and distribution. United Artists Releasing offers content creators an alternative distribution option outside of the studio system and supports Annapurna and MGM's film slates as well as the films of third-party filmmakers.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online