Fall Intern - 20Th Century Fox TV Research
Twentieth Century FoxLos Angeles, CA
Part Time Unpaid Internship
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT: TWENTIETH CENTURY FOX TELEVISION
As the Research department of one of the largest suppliers of prime-time programming to the broadcast networks, we handle all ratings analysis, primary research, and strategic marketing analysis for all current Twentieth Century Fox TV shows, including Empire, Star, Modern Family, This is Us, The Mick, Homeland, The Last Man on Earth, Fresh Off the Boat, American Horror Story, American Crime Story, The Simpsons, and Family Guy, to name a few. This includes daily reporting on the demographic ratings performances of our programs; coordinating focus groups and reporting the findings to producers, network and studio executives, and internally within the studio; and analyzing the weekly on-air promotional strategies utilized by the networks to promote our programs.
• Monitor and analyze on-air promotional strategies for all TCFTV programs on all major broadcast networks (FOX, ABC, NBC, & CBS) and cable networks
• Create and maintain daily on-air promotion databases and reports
• Compose weekly reports based on viewers' online blogs, message boards and social media regarding TCFTV shows
• Create and update weekly broadcast schedules
• Meet and network with various key industry persons (assistants, executives, talent, etc.)
• Assist with other projects as they arise
Goals for Intern:
• Gain an understanding of studio research techniques and marketing analysis
• Gain an understanding of Nielsen ratings, demographic trends, and how focus group information is utilized with producers and network and studio executives
• Learn the ins and outs of working within a major studio in the entertainment industry
• Interest in the entertainment industry, specifically in television
• Familiarity with Microsoft Excel (big plus!), Word, and Internet research
• Must be detail-oriented, reliable, and professional.
• College junior/senior preferred.
• Love of television is an ABSOLUTE MUST. You will be watching a lot of it!
• NOTE: This is primarily a research position and NOT a marketing position. Candidates should be good with numbers, have great attention to detail, and be willing to devote lots of time to gathering information for various reports.
To participate in Fox's Internship program you must meet the following criteria:
• Applicants must be enrolled full-time in an undergraduate or graduate degree program at an accredited university and be sophomore status or above.
• Be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship by the Company.
Please submit a resume and a cover letter detailing your qualifications.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
20th Century Fox Television
A 21st Century Fox company, Twentieth Century Fox Television is one of the industry's most prolific suppliers of primetime television programming and entertainment content, including this year's broadcast sensation and NBC's No. 1 series This is Us from Dan Fogelman; Fox's No. 1 series, Empire, from Lee Daniels, Danny Strong and Brian Grazer; ABC's No. 1 series and five-time Emmy Award-winning blockbuster comedy Modern Family from Steve Levitan and Christopher Lloyd; FX's No. 1 series American Horror Story from Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk; the critically acclaimed new comedy hit Speechless; The Last Man on Earth, starring Will Forte; and the longest-running primetime scripted series in the history of television, The Simpsons.