Assistant, TV Publicity
Twentieth Century FoxLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Twentieth Century Fox Television (TCFTV) is a leading supplier of entertainment programming to broadcast and cable networks and produces some of the most popular and acclaimed dramas, comedies and unscripted programming on television around the globe. From current hits like This Is Us, Homeland, Modern Family, Empire, The Simpsons and Family Guy to indelible franchises such as 24, The X-Files and Buffy the Vampire Slayer, TCFTV shows share the common thread of being distinctive, creatively adventurous, and of uncommon quality.
Twentieth Century Fox Television
Los Angeles, CA 90064
• Position reports to the SVP & VP in the Publicity department.
• Requires a professional interest in publicity and media relations.
• Must have basic knowledge of entertainment publicity, talent and related business contacts (agents, mgrs, publicists, media outlets, etc.).
• Must possess a positive & can-do attitude, be a self-starter, able to multi-task, and prioritize in a fast paced work environment.
• Daily scanning of trades, newspapers and entertainment weeklies for compilation of daily press clip packet.
• Compilation of media quote sheets, pitching charts, air date schedule and publicity status reports.
• Daily administrative support: phone coverage, filing, invoice processing/check requisitions.
• Responsible for compiling and updating media contact database for print and broadcast media.
• Responsible for booking talent travel and creating itineraries for talent publicity appearances.
• Assist with broadcast clip selection and manage all aspects of clip clearances and delivery.
• List management including maintaining accurate contact info for talent/EPs, show rosters, management contacts, etc.
• Minimum 1 year related industry experience mandatory.
• Strongly prefer experience at an agency supporting a high-pressure, deadline driven desk.
• Requires excellent computer, design and organizational skills. (Microsoft Outlook, Word, Adobe, Excel proficient).
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
20th Century Fox Television
A 21st Century Fox company, Twentieth Century Fox Television is one of the industry's most prolific suppliers of primetime television programming and entertainment content, including this year's broadcast sensation and NBC's No. 1 series This is Us from Dan Fogelman; Fox's No. 1 series, Empire, from Lee Daniels, Danny Strong and Brian Grazer; ABC's No. 1 series and five-time Emmy Award-winning blockbuster comedy Modern Family from Steve Levitan and Christopher Lloyd; FX's No. 1 series American Horror Story from Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk; the critically acclaimed new comedy hit Speechless; The Last Man on Earth, starring Will Forte; and the longest-running primetime scripted series in the history of television, The Simpsons.