Spring Paid Intern - TCM Programming
Part Time Paid Internship
The TCM Programming team acquires content and creates the thematic film programming ideas and schedules across all platforms for TCM and FilmStruck- Updates and curates metadata on thousands of film titles and supplemental content- Tracks, previews, and schedules all of the packaging, promos and original content for TCM and FilmStruck- Works closely with other departments to bring great films, film history and movie-themed experiences to our fans
• Programming some daytimes for TCM
• Screen programming submissions
• Previewing promos, packaging and original productions for accuracy, quality, closed captioning, length, etc.
• Working on database updates for genre, storyline, ratings, participants, awards, etc. (and other special projects)
• Film major preferred (passion for film required)
• Knowledge of classic films
• Computer skills
• MS Office
• Attention to detail
• Good writing skills
• An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
• Networking opportunities to meet people that you'd like to know!
• A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Spring 2019 program dates are January 21st through April 12th. Interns are paid a competitive-wage based on location and relocation is not provided. Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation. Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
The Turner Classic Movies Story
Turner Classic Movies (TCM) is a two-time Peabody Award-winning network that presents great films, uncut and commercial-free, from the largest film libraries in the world highlighting the entire spectrum of film history. Currently in its 24th year as a leading authority in classic film, TCM offers critically acclaimed series along with annual programming events like 31 Days of Oscar® in February and Summer Under the Stars in August. TCM also directly connects with movie fans through events as the annual TCM Classic Film Festival in Hollywood, the TCM Big Screen Classics series in partnership with Fathom Events, as well as through the TCM Classic Film Tour in New York City and Los Angeles. In addition, TCM produces a wide range of media about classic film, including books and DVDs, and hosts a wealth of material online at tcm.com and through the Watch TCM mobile app.
See what it's like to work here! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.