Spring Paid Intern - Brand Communications
Part Time Paid Internship
What does our department do?
• The social and digital media team within Turner's brand communications department tells the story of Turner and its brands and businesses through social and digital media content.
• We manage the strategy for Turner's social media and web platforms and the daily content. Our efforts drive and support communications for Turner corporate and brand initiatives in partnership with creative, social marketing and PR teams across the company.
• Our team is constantly leveraging new ideas and tactics to amplify company messaging through engaging social and digital content.
What will you be doing?
• The Turner brand communications - social and digital media intern will primarily support the social and digital media team, but the responsibilities extend beyond just that.
• In addition to supporting regular tasks like weekly social analytics reports and maintain a social content calendar, he/she will also help coordinate various communications elements in support of our brands and internal and external company initiatives, thus play a role in Turner's storytelling, inside and out.
• You will experience working in a team environment on a variety of projects that can vary day-to-day.
What do we require from you?
• Applicants should have a true interest in communications (in any form) and storytelling.
• You will thrive here if you are adaptable, accountable and willing to do whatever comes across your plate.
• Writing skills are a must.
• Familiarity, knowledge of and interest in journalism, editorial content and social and digital media are required.
• Degrees in journalism, PR, digital media, communications or related fields preferred.
• Must be available to work a minimum of 20 hours/week.
What's so great about this internship?
• An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
• Networking opportunities to meet people that you'd like to know!
• A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
Spring 2019 program dates are January 21st through April 12th. Interns are paid a competitive-wage based on location and relocation is not provided. Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation. Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Brothers. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, TCM, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! We are up to exciting things; new shows, new businesses like E LEAGUE, and the best election coverage on TV. Check it out on our website.
See what it's like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.