Spring Paid Intern - Ad Sales PR
TurnerNew York, NY
Full Time Paid Internship
Spring 2019 - Turner Ad Sales PR Intern (New York)
What does our department do?
• Turner Ad Sales monetizes the company's portfolio of leading entertainment, kids, news and sports properties through award-winning advanced advertising capabilities that power return-on-investment for brands.
• Attracting a wide-scale audience of diverse fans, the collection includes leading media brands Adult Swim, Boomerang, Cartoon Network, CNN, Great Big Story, HLN, TBS, TNT, truTV, Bleacher Report and Turner Sports' high-profile coverage of the MLB, NBA NCAA, PGA and the newly-formed professional eSports league ELEAGUE. In addition, the company has digital sales partnerships with the NBA, NCAA and PGA.
What will you be doing?
• The intern will work closely with the VP, Director, Manager & Jr. Publicist of Turner Ad Sales, Data Strategy & Analytics.
• Online monitoring and reporting on relevant media and brand news, including on social media.
• Assisting with compiling daily press clippings for a company-wide report and assembling press packets.
• Writing and editing press materials such as releases, media alerts, bios, etc.
• Researching and creating strategic media lists for projects and ensuring all contacts are up to date using databases such as Cision.
• Researching relevant conference and events for executive speaking and brand opportunities
• Maintaining team office documents
• Assisting with industry event preparation and coverage
What do we require from you?
• Designed for undergraduate students currently pursuing a degree in public relations/communications, marketing, advertising, or a related field.
• We are looking for an energetic, detail-oriented, and motivated individual who will work with all team members to accomplish collective and individual goals.
• Must have strong communication and written skills, proficient in Microsoft Office applications and media databases.
• Must be quick thinking and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Should be familiar with public relations tools and practices.
• Eager and quick to learn about all aspects of our department and business.
• Professional in all scenarios you may be placed in, including with talent.
What's so great about this internship?
• An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
• Networking opportunities to meet people that you'd like to know!
• A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
Spring 2019 program dates are January 21st through April 12th. Interns are paid a competitive-wage based on location and relocation is not provided. Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation. Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students.