Senior Consultant Learning & Organizational Development
TurnerNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Senior Consultant for Learning & Organizational Development plays an important role on Turner's People Development team and the larger Talent Management function within our global Human Resources division. Your goal is to provide exceptional learning and OD experiences to accelerate performance by elevating productivity, employee engagement and retention of key talent. You will:
• Be an internal consultant, facilitator and business partner, providing a range of services to build individual, team and organizational capabilities and performance.
• Partner with HR colleagues and business unit leaders on initiatives such as enhancing overall employee engagement, team effectiveness, diversity/inclusion, assessments, coaching, organization redesign, and other OD and change management solutions.
• Build, maintain and share knowledge about the tools and resources available for HR colleagues to use as they are increasing their own skills to better engage employees. This individual will be considered a field consultant working at our New York offices supporting executives, brands (such as CNN, TruTV, Bleacher Report), ad sales, and administrative functions.
THE SUCCESS FACTORS
The successful partner must embody the following behaviors:
• Agile mindset in a highly diverse environment
• Strong relationship management; ease with communication
• Confidence and composure with senior leaders
• Inclusive in thinking and approach
• Open and responsive to feedback; ability to adapt real-time
• Comfortable in ambiguity; ability to adjust in ever changing business situations
• Accountable to results; collaborative in approach to reach goals
• Confident to speak their mind with candor and respect
• Demonstrable experience in learning, OD, performance consulting or training and development, designing and delivering learning and OD solutions- including change management, coaching and assessments, customized and programmatic courses with employees at all levels
• Moderate-to-high degree skill in facilitation
• Bachelor's degree along with Masters in Adult Education, Instructional Design or OD-related field a plus though let's not limit ourselves, shall we?
• Proficiency in MS office suite, especially PowerPoint and/or Keynote Ability and knowledge to work various adult learning methods (instructor led, informal learning (e-learning, etc.)) and proficiency with baseline A/V equipment
• Well-versed in facilitation techniques that create exceptional learning experiences and a wide range of learning styles
• Moderate degree of comfort with social media to create awareness and buzz for learning
• Spanish language skills a definite plus
• Position will be based in New York but requires 15-20% travel
If you have the natural goods, relatable professional certifications and the experience, apply!
• Awesome employee discounts
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• 2017 Best Company for Working Mothers
• An in-house?learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Turner is a division of WarnerMedia along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros., delivering brands like CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more!
See what it's like to work at Turner!
Turner People Development. We are trailblazers. A team whose passion is to enable and support leaders and their teams as they deal with rapid changes, disruptive innovation, and changing industry landscapes. We are considered strong learning partners to the business, knowing when to push just far enough or to pull back and meet clients where they are. We are looking for a colleague who thrives in a fast-paced environment where you use your flawless consulting skills to challenge the status quo and help the business and our team to realize progress and possibility. Want to be a trailblazer?