Lead Technology Recruiter
Full Time Job
Turner owns and operates some of the leading cable television networks around the world. From Cartoon Network to Turner Classic Movies, E-LEAGUE to NBA, we've got what fans want. Our technology businesses build the magic behind the scenes for everything from accounting to programming. Think there is some cool stuff on air? We build that here.
See what it's like to work at Turner! Check us out on LinkedIn and follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
The Lead Recruiter will be responsible for overseeing a team of recruiters that support the technology businesses across Turner. This role will carry a full plate of reqs in additional to lead responsibilities for the smaller team. It's a big job. You will have responsibility for day-to-day team management including assigning reqs to team, shifting assignments based on resource availability, hiring of contractors to augment team on a project/volume basis, and managing performance of team.
What you'll be doing
• Partner with Manager, TA to make recommendations regarding recruiting strategy for business subset such as conference attendance, broader social engagement, cross-department opportunities, training roll-out, process evolution or staff development.
• Manage recruitment for your own clients to include kick-off; sourcing; passive candidate generation; attend networking sessions, conferences, meetings to engage with applicants; client management; candidate management; selection and facilitating onboarding including initiation of the background check process. Be excellent at the core and an example to your team. Coach your team and be their sounding board on each element of the recruiting process.
• Establish and track a pool of passive candidates through partnership with Campus Recruiting, Sourcing Team, business leaders and other recruiters. Know who we need to watch and keep your eye on them. Engage your team in tracking their talent-to-watch through candidate management and tools to support.
• Lead the presence and coordinate across all Technology businesses unique, business focused events that will generate interest in your clients open positions and the Company. These events can include company hosted events, conferences, meet-ups, group chats, social experiences, career fairs, general networking opportunities. Be inventive. Motivate your team to think innovatively to create and lead their own opportunities.
• Coordinate the presence of all technology businesses across the Turner Careers social media platforms. Be a contributing member with your team to the platforms. Partner with Corporate Communications and our Social Media Coordinator to develop a business-line strategy for your clients. Contributing members are required to adhere to company specific guidelines on posts. Have a voice and ensure your team uses theirs.
• Collaborate across all teams of recruiters and leadership to evolve recruiting strategies which will continue to build the Company's reputation as a destination employer. Make us better.
What you need to bring
• 5 years recruiting experience as a recruiter (agency or corporate), preferably technical recruiting, or within the HR function
• Previous experience leading a team that includes work delegation and coaching.
• The passion for managing others. It's not always easy.
• The initiative to learn and motivate understanding of local and national talent markets, tap into them and create fans that will become candidates.
• Strong partnership skills; the ability to listen, to have a candid voice, to collaborate and to compromise.
• Excellent communication skills are a must! You will talk and write a lot in this job so clarity and brevity are key. Strong presentation skills are desired.
• Strong project management and organizational skills are essential. This position works independently so initiative and self-motivation are important.
• Experience using organization tools to track progress. You should be proficient in the usual software - Word, Excel, PowerPoint and have great attention to detail.
What makes the job even better
• A progressive recruiting team that thrives on innovation and genuinely wants to hear your ideas.
• A company culture that supports who YOU are: wellness support, paid volunteer time and opportunities and events that bring us together. (Fitbit competitions are taken very seriously here!)
• Great health benefits and 401k.
• In-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career with online courses and cool events
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.