Trustbridge Global Media, Inc.New York, NY
Full Time Job
Trustbridge Global Media is seeking a Development Director to lead production and operations for a new publishing initiative with focus on fiction series for children ages 3-13.
- Oversees and assists in the development, planning, and execution of book series including tracking pre-acquisition through on-sale
- Collaborate with the editorial, art, and production to schedule and monitor titles through the entire production process
- Responsible for setting weekly production meetings and communicating the status of each title related to the schedule, changes to format, and art or design concerns
- Attends weekly creative meetings, helps execute new ideas, and prioritizes projects
- Manages freelancers including copyeditors and proofreaders
- Acts as liaison to sales and distribution client services team and manages tasks including title load forms and metadata upkeep
- Oversees marketing and works closely with the Marketing and Project Coordinator
- Manages budgets, assists in building P&Ls, and issues payments for advances, royalties, freelancers
- Manages business affairs including contracts, consulting agreements, and NDAs
- 5+ years of children's book publishing experience
- Innovative and strategic thinker with deep understanding of today's readers
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and activities and create process to manage workflow
- Experience in managing budgets and issuing payments
- Managing editorial experience a plus
Trustbridge Global Media, children's media investor and parent company of Holiday House Publishing and Peachtree Publishing, is an affiliate of Trustbridge Partners, a Shanghai-based private equity and venture capital firm.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online