Senior Art Director
Trailer ParkHollywood, CA
Full Time Job
Senior Art Director (Brand)
Art Machine is looking for one exceptional Senior Art Director. Your job will be to lead creative as the behind-the-box designer - and the dedicated senior creative lead, day to day, for our theme park account. Are you 3-6 years into your career, ahead of your peers, and don’t apologize for it? If so, this position could be for you.
Art Machine was formed in 1999 as a digital and print entertainment agency. In 2007, we began working with brands and merged with entertainment content agency, Trailer Park. Today, brand makes up half of Art Machine, and we work with clients like Universal Studios Theme Parks, Fiat Chrysler Automotive, Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, Quicken Loans, and LoopNet.
Our Mission is to help brands build fans, and we do that through immersive storytelling and promotions/initiatives that compel fans to participate.
Day to Day
We produce over 50 pieces of key art for the theme park annually. And then our production team breaks that down into 1,000 mechanicals. Your job is to lead the design team, design key art yourself, help design other materials for the park, interface closely with our account team and the client on presentations and shoots, and work with our brand division E.C.D. on the overall direction of the account. If you’ve done heavy poster-building, especially in entertainment – and you’re ready to focus on leadership and client exposure, this may be perfect for you.
We have a fun, energetic and fast-paced culture (which we all thrive on) – but we have also built our brand business organically – the hard way – and our culture reflects that. This means there is a high emphasis on team and less on individual. Titles are not important here, and things shift often. So please don’t apply if you don’t think you can do exceptional creative, in high volumes, at lightning pace, with humility.
• Work in collaboration with other team members to produce work in an efficient manner. Oversee and ‘bring-up’ more junior members of the team.
• On occasion, pitch in on key art for other brand work (non-theme park)
• Take initiative to problem-solve without waiting to be told what to do.
• Four-year degree in graphic design, art, communications or related field.
• Must have the ability to meet deadlines and be ready to have fun with a creative.
• 3-6 years agency experience
• Extremely strong Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign skills. Solid sense of typography.
• Ability to present your ideas internally; creating comps & key frames for client presentations.
• Good artistic eye, understanding of the graphic requirements of a project.
• Good communicator/collaborator, comfortable driving a smooth workflow through any project.