Director Of Post Production - Content
Trailer ParkHollywood, CA
Full Time Job
Trailer Park is a full-service agency specializing in content creation and entertainment marketing. By combining a storytelling expertise with large-scale production resources, Trailer Park is uniquely positioned to make, market and distribute content for its diverse client portfolio of major brands and top entertainment studios. With content creation at the center, Trailer Park also supports its clients with strategy, creative and the latest in digital services. Headquartered in Hollywood, the agency also has offices in London, Burbank, California and New York. Trailer Park is part of Engine Group, an independent, collaborative network designed to help businesses successfully navigate disruption
We are looking for an experienced Director of Post Production to lead and manage the post-production team, and oversee a complex post-production eco-system whilst ensuring creative goals are met. The ideal candidate must have experience running a post-production department in the entertainment marketing industry.
• Oversee post-production staff working on multiple projects at the same time, possibly in different work shifts.
• Manage the schedule of the various post-production resources available for use. (Assistant Editors, Editors, Graphics)
• Oversee ingestion of all production dailies, including digitizing, transcoding and/or unpacking in preparation for their use by the specific productions.
• Have a complete understanding of the various post-production formats and technical specs and conveying this knowledge to other departments.
• Assess and revise Trailer Park Content’s post workflow and procedures to increase efficiencies and communication, while reducing turnaround times and ensuring the highest quality delivery of our work.
• Oversee a complex post-production eco-system which includes: NLE systems, SAN storage, deep archive (cold) storage), tape ingest/ output statAssess and revise Trailer Park Content’s post workflow and procedures to increase efficiencies and communication, while reducing turnaround times and ensuring the highest quality delivery of our work.ions, and encoding systems.
• As a service provider to other departments, ensure communication lines remain open and deadlines are met.
• Responsible for the post-production department budget, including the freelance payroll.
• Manage trafficking of post-production assets between departments.
• Oversee preparation of assets (encoded, concatenated, packaged) for broadcast, linear or VOD.
• Devise sampling procedures and design and develop forms and instructions for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality and reliability data.
• Establish program to evaluate precision and accuracy of production equipment and testing, measurement, and analytical equipment and facilities.
• Supervise and provide staff development to Assistant Editors, Editors, Graphics Team
• Retain and manage freelance employees, as necessary.
• Maintain knowledge of creative goals as well as guidelines in order to assist productions in successful compliance.
• Monitor standardized rates for vendors and facilities to provide continuity across Trailer Park.
• Stay current on new developments in technology to add value to the overall quality and efficiency of productions.
• Build and maintain production infrastructure and internal workflows to enable fast-paced, successful delivery of our original productions
• Oversee all aspects of post, ensuring all projects are on time and on budget.
• Regularly update executive team members on status of projects.
• Responsible for the team’s day to day operations.
• - Represent the Division during MPAA/Client workflow and security audits along side IT and Business Affairs.
• - Interface with IT and Finance to prioritize technology/infrastructure needs and planning on behalf of the Division.
• - Transform legal and security directives from IT and Business Affairs into actionable workflows/protocols for the Division.
• - Create and oversee the creation of workflow and process documentation.
• - Provide workflow/software training to Lead AE’s as necessary.
• Minimum of 8 years experience in television, entertainment marketing advertising agency, or post production.
• Extensive post contacts
• Ideally, experience in diverse formats - scripted, variety, reality or animation
• Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
• Works collaboratively and proactively on multi-functional teams. Open to feedback
• Consistently communicates using appropriate methods for the situation and audience in a clear, concise and professional manner.