Social Media Producer
Toronto International Film FestivalToronto, ON
Full Time Job
Submission Deadline: Friday, 25 January, 2019.
We are currently hiring for the position of: Social Media Producer
The Social Media Producer is responsible for development, execution and measurement of TIFF's major social media platforms to support and promote TIFF's brand. Reporting to the Communications and Brand Snr. Manager, the Producer works in conjunction with the Communications & Brand management team to build TIFF's social media presence and promote the TIFF brand and its programming through the engagement of its online community.
Core of this role is executed through the creation of compelling content, activating followers, in addition to collecting and analyzing social media metrics.
• Create social media plans in coordination with communications, brand and larger organizational goals
• Develop and execute digital and social media content to engage and entertain TIFF's digital audience
• Propose strategies that will contribute to the organisation's marketing and PR campaigns impacting the growth and engagement of TIFF's online community, in line with key strategic plans and programming outputs
• Create and curate content, write and edit copy to share TIFF's brand, programming and partners
• Create and maintain social publishing schedule
• Monitor social channels and provide ongoing analysis / tracking of campaigns and social media metrics
• Engage influencer ambassadors and local creators to amplify TIFF's mission
• Customer support and online community management
• Think creatively (and visually)
• Identify social media trends and provide recommendations; keep up with industry standards
• Day-to-day maintenance and production across social networks
• Be a key advisor for internal and external stakeholders in relation to social media
• Degree or diploma in film, journalism, communications or digital media is an asset (but not required)
• Must have a love and curiosity around filmmaking and storytelling
• Minimum 2 years experience working in media or online communications
• Proficiency across social media platforms and Adobe Photoshop
• Proficiency across social listening and publishing tools
• Knowledge of video editing also an asset
• Adaptable to a flexible work schedule including evenings and weekends
• February 11, 2019 – December 31, 2019
How to Submit & Application Deadline
• Please submit cover letter, resumé as one (1) PDF or Word document, by 5pm on FRIDAY, 25, JANUARY, 2019.
• All applications must be submitted online through the posting found on our website.
• Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing accommodations in our hiring process for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, please inform us in advance and we will work with you to meet your needs.
TIFF is a charitable, cultural organization dedicated to presenting the best of international and Canadian cinema and creating transformational experiences for film lovers and creators of all ages and backgrounds in our home - TIFF Bell Lightbox. Our mission: To transform the way people see the world, through film.
TIFF is committed to embracing diversity and treating all individuals with respect, dignity and fairness by removing physical, social and economic barriers to participation.