Intern - Film Circuit
Toronto International Film FestivalToronto, ON
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Submission Deadline: WEDNESDAY, JUNE 27, 2018
TIFF is a charitable, cultural organization dedicated to presenting the best of international and Canadian cinema and creating transformational experiences for film lovers and creators of all ages and backgrounds in our home - TIFF Bell Lightbox. Our mission: To transform the way people see the world, through film.
TIFF is committed to embracing diversity and treating all individuals with respect, dignity and fairness by removing physical, social and economic barriers to participation.
We are currently hiring for the position of:
Film Circuit Intern
Reporting to the Coordinator, Film Circuit, the Film Circuit Intern position is an opportunity to increase your knowledge of Canadian and international independent film, distribution, and the Toronto International Film Festival's year-round activities as a whole.
• Shall include but not be limited to…
• Mailing promotional materials to Film Circuit groups across Canada
• Assessing the promotional needs of Film Circuit groups
• Updating the Film Circuit website
• Assisting the Coordinator in collecting and maintaining promotional materials for the TIFF Bell Lightbox
• Maintaining office files
• Responding to email inquiries from various Film Circuit groups
• Filing and maintaining promotional and other materials
• Assisting with the planning and execution of the Film Circuit Summit Weekend (September 15/16, 2018)
• Assisting the Coordinator and/or the Film Circuit team with various tasks as requested
• Understanding of the Film Circuit: interest in Canadian and international independent film, film distribution, grassroots film publicity
• High computer proficiency with Microsoft Word & Excel
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Excellent interpersonal skills, previous customer/client service experience is an asset
• Superior organizational skills with a keen eye for detail
• Adaptable to a flexible work schedule including some evenings and weekends
• Previous experience with event coordination is an asset
• Previous experience working with volunteers is an asset
• Ability to lift at least 10lbs unassisted
• July 23, 2018 - November 7, 2018, 3 days a week. Full-time during TIFF 2018 (September 6-16, 2018)
How to Submit & Application Deadline
• Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references as one (1) PDF or Word document, by 5pm on WEDNESDAY, JUNE 27, 2018.
• All applications must be submitted online through the posting found on our website tiff.net/careers.
• Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing accommodations in our hiring process for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, please inform us in advance and we will work with you to meet your needs.