Toronto International Film FestivalToronto, ON
This was removed by the employer on 1/12/2018 2:59:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Film Festivals Category
Search for Digiplayspace Facilitator jobs in Toronto-ON
Search all Digiplayspace Facilitator postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Digiplayspace Facilitator? Submission Deadline: Friday, January 12, 2018
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is hiring for the contract position of: digiPlaySpace Facilitator
digiPlaySpace is a 9-week interactive exhibition showcasing artworks from established and emerging new media artists. Aimed at kids aged 3-13, digiPlaySpace seeks to empower kids through understanding, creativity, and play and to inspire and transform through artistic expression. For parents and educators, digiPlaySpace aims to endow adults with tools, concepts, and ideas that support the use of technology as a means of creative expression.
Reporting to the digiPlaySpace Coordinator, the digiPlaySpace Facilitator's role is to provide guided experiences to visiting school groups and enhanced and engaging visitor experiences for public visitors to digiPlaySpace, supporting the learning outcomes of the exhibition and customer service principles as outlined by TIFF.
• Guide school groups through the exhibition, ensuring safety for all participants
• Liaise with Youth Learning staff to determine appropriate engagement with the exhibition, considering time, grade and experience
• Provide grade-appropriate links between the exhibition installations and the Ontario Curriculum.
• Explain to visitors how the projects work, guiding/helping them and assisting in trouble shooting
• Supervision of space to avoid theft, loss and avoidable breakage
• Assist the Youth Learning team with day-to-day set-up and any clean up in digiPlaySpace
• Other duties as required
• Mature personal judgment, exhibiting a high level of professionalism and diplomacy;
• Exemplary inter-personal communication skills;
• Ability to handle difficult situations and people with aplomb and grace;
• Ability to work both independently and in a small team environment;
• Desire and ability to take initiative;
• Ability to work and respond well in fast-paced and high pressure environments;
• Ability to maintain a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends;
• Experience speaking in front of an audience;
• Experience working with children and youth in a diversity of environments;
• Willingness to wear uniform/staff T-shirt;
• French & foreign language skills an asset;
• Successful applicant will be expected pass a vulnerable sector check.
• February 12 to April 22, 2018
How to Submit & Application Deadline
• Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references as one (1) PDF or Word document, by 5pm on Friday, January 12, 2018
• All applications must be submitted online through the posting found on our website tiff.net/careers.
• Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities and will work with applicants to meet their needs. TIFF is an equal opportunity employer.
TIFF is a charitable, not-for-profit cultural organization whose mission is to transform the way people see the world, through film. Its vision is to lead the world in creative and cultural discovery through the moving image. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.