Tool Of North AmericaSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Company Name: Tool of North America
Title of Position: Controller
Position Type: Full-Time Regular
Location: Santa Monica, CA
World-class, award-winning branded content and commercial production company seeks a hands-on Controller to manage its accounting operations.
The ideal candidate will act as a key member of the TOOL Finance Team, ensuring effective implementation, efficiency, consistency, and alignment to ''best practices'' for the company's G/L, production and project cost accounting operations and financial reporting.
We are looking for a collaborative, detail-oriented self-starter with a can-do attitude. Reporting to CFO/COO this role also supervises three staff accountants.
• Monthly, Quarterly and Year-end close; Primary liaison with CPA for annual review and tax preparation: Completes monthly, quarterly and annual city and state tax returns as required. Production tax credit processing as company liaison.
• Oversee/manage bank and credit card reconciliations, production and project wraps including variance reporting, G/L analysis of cash items, income statement and balance sheet reconciliation and assist CFO/COO with monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting.
• Payroll: Inputs to third party software (ADP) and enters payroll journals, semi-monthly, Vacation/Sick time tracking and journal entries, 401k funding and journals, Flex Spend funding and journals, enters medical and dental and other employee benefit journals.
• Accounts Payable: Oversees daily and weekly payables and check runs, electronic payments and wire transfers, makes AMEX/VISA credit card payments, takes vendor discounts as available, oversees the entry of A/P journals.
• Review/approve project cost actualizations, DGA contributions, Director Participation Statements, Sales Commissions, Oversee Accounts Receivable.
Desired Skills Qualifications:
• BS in Accounting or related field
• 5+ years of experience as a Controller in a commercial, film/tv production or in an advertising agency with physical and digital production services
• CPA preferred
• Strong working knowledge of GAAP
• Job cost tracking and variance reporting
• Familiarity with DGA, IATSE and related union regulations
• Knowledge of payroll and related taxes
• Successful at working in a fast-paced team environment and with tight deadlines
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including advanced command of Excel and Pivot Tables; Internet Explorer and Microsoft Outlook
Job Code: Accounting/Finance
Please submit your resume. No applications will be considered without a resume.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online