ToofabLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
TooFab.com is looking for a Managing Editor with a passion for entertainment news. As Managing Editor, you'll oversee all aspects of the website. We're looking for a leader with proven success in senior positions at entertainment news sites. This is a great opportunity for the right person to build upon TooFab's current success and work with a great team. As Managing Editor, you'll be responsible for editorial content, distribution strategy and site growth. We're looking for someone with a strong journalism background and a passion for breaking news. You'll need to have spot-on editorial judgment, vision, and the ability to develop and implement multi-platform growth strategy. The position is based in Los Angeles.
• Oversee newsgathering and editorial workflow, quality assurance, and distribution processes for the website
• Oversee production, copyediting and distribution of content for desktop, mobile, tablet, and other platforms
• Partner with the product team and communicate editorial and business objectives
• Build features that capture traffic from partners and oversee other audience development opportunities, including social
• Manage Ad supported product, including development of sponsorship features
• Spearhead special content areas of the website to enhance user experience
• Perform additional duties as assigned
• 7+ years experience of relevant journalism/writing experience
• Experience managing a news-gathering team in a deadline-driven, digital environment
• Must be an avid entertainment news fan and highly knowledgeable about celebrities, movies, television, awards shows, and other celebrity life
• Must have established contacts in the entertainment news space
• Must be comfortable in a fast-paced news environment
• Experience with web content management systems, familiarity with tagging and metadata, classification, and HTML.
• Familiarity with Photoshop
• Excellent proofreading, written and oral communications skills
• Self-motivated and able to work independently and with minimal direction
• Ability to make decisions quickly and adapt to multiple demands and shifting priorities
A property of TMZ, TooFab.com is a leading entertainment news website with a smart, fun and pointed perspective. We cover the hottest topics and trending stories in celebrity news and pop culture. We surface the need-to-know celeb stories, the latest in TV and movies, and give our audience the best stuff from red carpet premieres and award shows.
Job Code: Los Angeles
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online