Tippett StudioBerkeley, CA
Full Time Job
Tippett Studio is a unique, Academy Award winning, full service visual effects company that specializes in CG character animation for movies and television commercials. Founded in 1984 by Phil Tippett, the Studio now employs over 150 talented artists and technicians in Berkeley, California.
We currently have a need for a Production Coordinator.
The Coordinator functions as a main hub of information between the artists, supervisors, the production department, and the rest of the studio, and helps ensures that all artists are aware of their schedules and are on track for meeting deadlines. This is a support role for production that requires strong multi-tasking and organizational skills in a high-pressure, deadline-oriented environment.
The below lists only the major functions of this job, and is not all-inclusive. Other duties may be assigned based on project-related needs, as determined by the Studio.
• Monitors artists' daily progress with regular check-ins, follow-ups and meetings to ensure work is on schedule.
• Provides accurate, up-to-the-minute reports to the Digital Production Manager and the rest of the Production team to ensure a tight delivery schedule and accurate overall production schedule.
• Provides pertinent information to artists such as shot schedules, review notes, delivery milestones, reference elements and assets needed for any given task, etc.
• Takes clear and accurate notes at Dailies, Rounds, Client Reviews and all pertinent meetings, and disseminates these notes in a timely manner to all necessary parties.
• Maintains constant communication with various infrastructure departments in the studio with regards to the specific needs of the show.
• Manages and organizes periodic shipments to and from clients and vendors via ftp and/or regular mail.
• Monitors the render farm and communicates with the Digital Render Wranglers to ensure proper and timely completion of all render jobs.
• Must have minimum of 2 years previous experience in a production-related environment. VFX or Games production a plus.
• Strong familiarity with a typical VFX production pipeline.
• Must possess strong multitasking and organizational skills.
• Must be able to effectively provide administrative support in an unpredictable environment while under pressure.
• Must possess very strong organizational and communication (both written and verbal) skills and be able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner while working within a deadline-driven environment.
• Must be able to effectively collaborate with others and take direction while negotiating tight deadlines and dealing with the pressures of show production.
• Must be proficient in MS Office and HTML. Familiarity with Shotgun, Photoshop and Unix a plus.
• Strong multi-tasking skills required.
Must be eligible to work in the United States.
To be considered for this position, please include links to your resume and reel. You may contact us at:
Please be sure to include the following in the subject line:
Resume: Your Name, Production Coordinator
If your skills and abilities are a good match for the job opening, you will be contacted in the near future. We will make every attempt to contact all qualified candidates, but due to the high volume of interest on our job openings, we may not be able to contact every individual. We will not be returning phone calls or emails seeking further information about the opening or to confirm that we have received your resume. Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online