Business Intelligence Engineer
Tickets.ComCosta Mesa, CA
Full Time Job
We are seeking a Business Intelligence Engineer who will work from our Costa Mesa, California office and will be an essential individual contributor within a project team, focusing on development of new products & features. This engineer will design, code and test medium to large data repositories, schemas, ETL processes, reports/extracts, ad hoc domains, etc. as they apply to a specific product. They will also perform requirements analysis, create logical & physical models, design ETL / pipeline flows, write complex queries, design reports & extract, etc. as these relate to the implementation of data marts and the business analytics required from these.
Essential Job Functions:
• Design, code, and test medium to large data marts, repositories, schemas, data pipeline flows, etc.
• Own short term planning of IT projects and programs, creating the requirements analysis, functional design, and detailed technical design specifications as they relate to the implementation of a software module
• Participate in the development of larger modules which may also include collaboratively authoring requirements analysis, architectural designs, or detailed design tasks under the direction of a more experienced engineer
• Write technical documentation
• Strong analytical experience and prior production support experience
• Possesses knowledge of IT, including experience in SDLC and project methodologies
• Utilize source control tools and related build mechanisms
• Estimate the complexity of a certain task and an appropriate schedule
• Resolve complex software problems/bugs via advanced debugging techniques especially in Oracle and stored procedure
• Ability to dig in and understand current processes and make appropriate recommendations for changes
• Follow all company standards, including the software coding standards document
• Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Computer Science (or equivalent) is required
• At least three to five years of experience working as Database Business Application Developer
o Candidate must have a strong background in Oracle 10g , SQL, PL-SQL, Stored Procedures, Triggers, Functions and other objects
o Deep understanding of complex SQL using oracle functions and features and dynamic SQL
o Good to have knowledge of performance tuning and query optimization
o Candidate should have deep understanding of data modeling, including star schema, normalization, forms, etc.
o Experience in debugging and testing of stored procedure and data analysis is desirable
• Experience using data tools such as Toad, SQL Plus or SQL Developer. Advance debugging using any of these tools is plus
• Experience in working with any reporting and analytical (BI) tool, with knowledge of the Jasper platform or Jasper designer a plus
• Experience in creation and maintenance of Data Warehouse and Data Marts using Oracle is big plus
• Experience in programming language preferable in Java is plus
• Experience in development tool such as Eclipse or NetBeans is plus
• Ability to interface with in and outside team
• Ability to work both independently with little supervision and in a team environment
• Must be articulate and communicate effectively, both in written and oral formats, with a specific ability to author and communicate technical designs and documentation
• Must practice regular & continued self-education
• Exercise troubleshooting and problem solving skills
• Excellent attention to detail and organization skills
• Ability to maintain and meet schedules
• Willing to learn new technologies and tools
• Remote evening and weekend work as required including having home internet access
Tickets.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
• How did you hear about this job?
Tickets.com is a privately held subsidiary of MLB Advanced Media, LP, the interactive media and Internet division of Major League Baseball.
At Tickets.com, we're a passionate bunch of people, driven by a relentless pursuit of innovation. Our mission is to deliver world-class ticketing products and services that provide value to our clients and partners, with profitability to our stakeholders.
We're headquartered in beautiful Orange County, California, with offices in the state of New York, across Europe, and in New South Wales, Australia. We enjoy a fun and casual work atmosphere, and we pride ourselves on working hard to deliver quality results.