Summer / Fall Intern - Studio Physical Production
The Walt Disney StudiosBurbank, CA
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Studio Physical Production Intern (6-month), Summer/Fall
It's the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It's hard to define and even harder to create, but that's what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.
The Walt Disney Studios encompasses the creation, production, promotion, sales, acquisition and domestic and international distribution of live-action and animated motion pictures, DVD releases, live stage plays, and music and soundtrack recordings.
We have an opening in our Live Action Motion Picture Production team in Physical Production. This person will interact with several departments (Finance, Legal, Creative, Post Production, VFX, Marketing, Franchise, Emerging Technology, Animal Sciences, etc.) in order to gain a broad understanding of Feature Film Production from the Studio Perspective. This position will start in June and go through December.
• Assist Production Executives and Coordinators on roughly 20 films in various stages of Development, Prep, Production, and Post Production
• Cover other Executive desks as needed
• Read any and all available scripts
• Attend and help set up internal studio meetings and meetings with our productions
• Distribute and track Below the Line contracts
• Track and maintain International Stage Availability grid
• Act as a liaison between Payroll Accountants and Studio Production Executives in ensuring the ongoing studio approval of payroll documents
• Work on various Research and Development projects including creating set lists, script comparisons, pulling images, obtaining location packages from films commissions.
• Maintain digital files and assets on department server and online database
• Archive physical show files and assets
• Assist with the set up of new productions
• Screen Dailies
• Occasionally work as a production assistant on an in-town film, if available
• General office support (answer phones, print/copy, basic tech support)
• Assist in Post Production & VFX once a week (tracking and maintaining databases)
• Ability to take initiative while providing support
• Strong communcations skills
• Strong computer skills as projects may require spreadsheet, database and presentation skills.
• Understanding of office procedures, attention to detail and ability to prioritize multiple projects.
• General understanding of film production and industry concepts and players, with an eagerness to learn
• Primary interest in a career in the field of live action production. (Producing, Basic Crafts, Visual Effects, Editorial, etc.)
Current student or recent graduate (within 6 months) with a Film & Television Production major (or minor) with either some background in Film, Television, and/or Visual Effects.
The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
• Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
• Must possess unrestricted work authorization
• Must provide full-time work availability (40 hours)
• Must provide own transportation to/from work. Position is located in Burbank, CA.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures Productions, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures Productions, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.