Sr Manager, Title Graphics
The Walt Disney StudiosBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Disney Digital Studio Services provides on-lot creative and technical post-production services to filmmakers and Walt Disney Company stakeholders. Services offered by Disney Digital Studio Services include sound mixing, editorial rooms, theatre and screening room operation, as well as a broad array of digital file-based services in support of filmmaking, mastering, asset finishing, and distribution.
The Manager, Title Graphics, will work across Disney's beloved brands, including Marvel, Lucasfilm, Walt Disney Pictures, and Animation. He/she is responsible for localization operations and driving the long-term strategy for the creative and technical execution of motion graphics for features and trailers by partnering with clients and technology teams. This efforts includes main titles, inserts, crawls, dub cards, and reader cards. The Manager looks across all distribution formats while leading a team of artists responsible for the end-to-end delivery of motion graphics across the theatrical and post-theatrical supply chain. The manager will oversee project management phases including bidding, budgeting, staffing, resource management, and tracking project milestones.
The Manager will work cross-functionally with operations, planning, marketing, engineering, and internal and external vendors to ensure deliverables meet Disney's quality standards. The Manager will assess deliverable requirements and manage vendor workflows, specs, and SOPs to optimize delivery and spend. The Manager will be expected to maintain Disney's ISO 9001 and Security Program compliance, while tracking metrics data to identify efficiencies, improving key workflows, and analyzing trends and issues with both internal and external vendors. He/she will need to demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills and a passion to improve existing infrastructure, tools, and technologies. The right mix of organizational and communication skills is key to success. Attention to detail and a proven ability to manage priorities are also essential.
The Manager must have excellent leadership and customer service skills, be interested in establishing long-term relationships, and comfortable interacting with creative and executive team members. He/she should be comfortable working autonomously in a fast-paced environment, taking initiative, managing multiple projects, and working to find creative solutions with partners under tight time-frames. This will sometimes include extended hours and weekend.
• Manage the day-to-day production of graphics for theatrical, trailers, and post-theatrical while also developing a strategy for optimal execution of the schedule. Focusing on deadlines and prioritizing work to ensure on time, right the first time, and on budget delivery to our domestic and global clients. Scheduling and defining resource needs for assigned projects. Establishing and ensuring high quality localization standards, while overseeing the program for your component end-to-end, from innovation to QC needs. Exceptional organizational skills and familiarity with software tools to track assets. Additional tasks include: scheduling, status updates, reports, managing metrics, system status updates, facilitating meetings and managing a schedule book of our business and operations (including room, equipment, QC, delivery, etc.), and evaluating issues and escalating when necessary. Must work collaboratively with minimal supervision while managing aggressive deadlines and multiple priorities.
• Fostering relationships and partnering with key stakeholders to ensure best-in-class customer service. Customers include, Motion Picture Operations, Marketing, Mastering, Digital Distribution, Library &Technical Services and creative and executive team members. Partners include, Planning, Engineering, external vendors, and other internal teams to ensure a successful release.
• Team management – Lead and grow a team. Ensure the team has the right skillsets, artistic tools, and technical knowledge to stay ahead of industry standards. Offer a calming and motivating presence during challenging projects and deadlines. They should possess empathy and work well with creative artists. They should also manage a roster of freelance talent to call upon as necessary to support the team.
• Operational Excellence and Process Improvement – Ownership over P&L, staffing, equipment, etc. Focus on analyzing & optimizing the localization workflow by Identifying opportunities to improve existing workflows/systems, tools for automation, as well as new technologies that we can leverage to be the most effective, innovative, and secure facility in the industry. Ensure assets are archived for additional localization efforts in the future.
• Manage external creative vendors and their asset delivery, as well as partnering with DI facilities and the Disney suite of brands (Lucasfilm/ILM, Marvel, Walt Disney Pictures and Animation). This includes managing vendors when demand requires outsourcing work due to capacity limitations. This would require ensuring the vendors were properly vetted and on-boarded.
• Responsible for providing bids to customers, creating work orders and accurate billing of services offered. Billing must be completed on time. He/she works together with clients to ensure that the proper time and facility rates are billed.
• 5 years' experience in post-production services with an emphasis on localization and motion graphics.
• Should possess an understanding of graphics tools and the post production supply chain, formats, and technologies.
• Experience working with Creatives and Executives.
• Experience managing teams and deadlines.
• Experience managing union employees preferred.
• Bachelor's degree preferred (field of study: Cinema, Communications, or Graphic Arts preferred)
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corn