Senior Production Financial Analyst
The Walt Disney StudiosBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Post Production Finance, this position will play a vital role in financial planning, project management, and reviewing and analyzing actual costs for shows in various phases of development, production and post production.
• Work directly with Production Finance Execs to oversee all financial aspects of live-action films, direct to consumer films and Disneynature films. This includes all phases of the projects from development to post production and wrap
• Work with Physical Production and Budgeting to develop budgets and cash flows for productions and R&D phases.
• Work with Production, Post Production, VFX and Finance execs to maintain cash flows and EFC variances from Post to wrap inclusive of reshoots or changes in schedules
• Prep upcoming projects and manage daily accounting functions as well as establish workflow, policies and production company structure
• Work closely with Post, VFX, and Post Finance executives to generate and compare post production and VFX budgets for all projects on slate
• Generate and analyze monthly and annual cash forecast and live action spend across all productions for Studio Controllership and address and resolve any discrepancies with Controllership and Finance Execs
• Circle and track Contingent Compensation payments as well as IP payments triggered by participations. Including submission and tracking of UK incentive due on participations payments made
• Work with Post Finance Execs to reconcile quarterly with studio controllership on GAAP required financial reporting
• Facilitate the onboarding of crew members throughout development and prep
• Oversee the processing of payments via SAP in lieu of 3rd party accounting systems during development and prep
• Manage production currency purchases including working with Treasury to track hedges, and oversee currency reconciliation
• Track and reconcile interim incentive payments to cash flow as well as notify controllership of any major variance to previous assumptions
• Work directly with production accountants in reviewing trial balances, general ledgers, check registers, and deal memos. Includes regular check ins with freelance teams to help with any challenges or questions they may have
• Partner with Legal, Tax, Physical Production and Business Affairs regarding corporation production structure and related production issues
• Participate in production audits and supplement production accounting staff if required
• Help maintain and update the Finance Policies and Procedures as need, as well as draft new Policies for new jurisdictions
• Work with Post Finance Execs to do final show wrap reconciliation from studio EFC to actuals
• Manage special projects and ad hoc reports as needed
• Minimum of 5 years of production finance experience required or finance experience in entertainment, consulting or public accounting
• Strong financial modeling and analytical abilities
• Highly collaborative with strong interpersonal and project management skills
• Attention to detail, desire for accuracy, and ability to prioritize required
• Ability to quickly learn new concepts, think strategically, solve problems, and implement solutions
• Proficiency with Movie Magic Budgeting, SAP, GlobalVista/PSL3, Microsoft Office Suite and building presentation decks
• Production related experience required
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures Productions, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures Productions, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.