Production Services Coordinator
The Walt Disney StudiosBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
The Production Services department supports the daily on-lot activities associated with physical production for Television (ABCS, Freeform, Digital, ABC Daytime), Features (Disney Studios, Marvel, Lucas) and 3rd party production. We manage productions' impact to studio operations, events and projects at Burbank, Glendale and Los Angeles Disney locations and also oversee and support various on-lot production buildings and facilities, including soundstages, on-lot locations, production support space and office space.
The Production Coordinator will liaise with the Production Management team and all Studio support services necessary for the planning, execution and completion of production related needs and requests.
• Collaborate with Production Managers to set up new and returning production crew in support space; expected to coordinate the start-up and shut down of the space, which can include furniture, phones, IT requirements, electric, AV, keys, etc.
• Monitor the appearance, cleanliness, general upkeep, safety standards and arrange necessary repairs of the space within the Production Services portfolio.
• Assist Production Managers with small production shoots and coordinate backlot services required for on-lot location shoots.
• Maintain production related data and inventory, including: space occupancy contact list, parking information, and support space key inventory.
• Compile, update and publish weekly schedules for stages and sets located at Disney Studios, Prospect Studios, KABC-7 and the Golden Oak Ranch.
• Coordinate weekly meeting with Stage Managers and Finance Manager to confirm/audit actual stage usage.
• Cover Production Operations phone line – answer questions, troubleshoot issues and make referrals as needed.
• Support third-party productions by coordinating crew on-lot access, parking assignments and temporary internet credentials.
• Resolve urgent and timely production issues such as security ID badge swipe access issues, voicemail resets, connectivity failures, etc.
• Act as Crisis Management Site Coordinator for Production Mill and Bldg. 60, update Crisis Management occupancy list, monitor building's AED machine, and maintain supplies in Crisis Management emergency bags.
• Build and maintain positive working relationships with clients, partners and peers.
• Administrative Duties – Order & distribute supplies, assist Sr. Manager with employee records management, including vacation/sick calendar, collect rosters, audit/validate time entries, and run weekly labor report.
Minimum 2 years of production coordination and/or studio facilities experience, displaying quality customer service skills and the ability to interact at all levels of management.
• Microsoft Office Windows and SAP
• Strong organizational skills
• Identify solutions, problem solve, and think proactively
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Strategic thinking
• Ability to multitask under pressure
• Work effectively in a team environment
• Proficient with SAP, EasyLobby VSM, Word, Excel, Outlook, Calendar, Internet Explorer and skill level beyond those listed in basic qualifications
• BS/BA or equivalent work experience preferred
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
It's the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It's hard to define and even harder to create, but that's what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world-class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.
The Walt Disney Studios encompasses the creation, production, promotion, sales, acquisition and domestic and international distribution of live-action and animated motion pictures, home entertainment releases, live stage plays, and music and soundtrack recordings.