Manager, Engineering Operations
The Walt Disney StudiosBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
We have an exciting opportunity for a Manager, Engineering Operations. This position will report to the Director of Post Production Engineering and will provide management and overall direction for engineering operations for the Post Production Engineering teams. The manager will lead Local 40, Audio/Video Engineering (Local 700), Live Events (Local 700) and the Machine Shop (Local 700, Cinetech) teams, direct third party providers performing services and executing projects, and directly interfaces with clients from all levels of the company. The objective is to maintain a high level of customer service while providing a safe, clean, professional and effective workspace for a broad range of clients.
• Lead/Manage the daily activities of the studio on-lot trades: lead Local 40, Audio/Video Engineering (Local 700), Live Events (Local 700) and the Machine Shop (Local 700, Cinetech) teams, and non-union support staff both direct reports and matrixed
• Manage in-house tech-space, studio-space build, maintenance and repair activities
• Develop and manage multiple third party service contracts and projects; manage vendor relationships
• Work with clients from all levels of the company to develop facility solutions and solve facility issues.
• Oversee all scheduling office operations
• Manage the operational budget for the engineering and events teams so that they stay at target; work with the team leads to ensure proper time accounting.
• Organize and maintain facility infrastructure drawings, digital infrastructure schematics and workflow documentation.
• Develop an annual operations budget and an annual capital maintenance budget; these budgets should coordinate with a planned life cycle and long range maintenance program.
• Review all project and build designs for accuracy, adequacy, quality and completeness and recommend enhancements and replacements that align with partner Studio technology, infrastructure and production support teams.
• Provide project management oversight for PPE supported, capital maintenance programs.
• Work with a broader team on developing capital investment plans and projects.
• Provide technical guidance to teams
• Work with and coordinate PPE teams with Disney Sourcing and Procurement & Operations Finance to obtain bids, create purchase orders and maintenance contracts that adhere to company policies and procedures and achieve cost savings.
• Provide input to the planning, and overall design of PPE capital projects as it relates to existing assets and to the establishes standards
• Proven leadership skills both in direct and matrix reporting situations.
• Ability to proactively work with various project teams and individuals.
• Ability to effectively lead and communicate with union labor force and operations management teams.
• Strong interpersonal and teambuilding skills.
• Strong personal integrity.
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Strong project management skills
• Demonstrated problem-solving and technical skills preferably in the mechanical/electrical trades. Knowledge of mathematical calculations and computer applications related to technical design.
• Exhibit knowledge of power systems, UPS integration, lighting systems, human environmental automation/control systems, HVAC systems, acoustically enhanced construction principals and ADA regulation as it relates to facility construction.
• Proficiency in use of electronic mail applications, Microsoft Office and AutoCAD, maintenance management software, SAP, or similar
• Ability to read and interpret construction plans, specifications, and construction documents.
• Experience with installation methods, testing, commissioning, validation and upkeep of documentation.
• Familiarity with applicable local, state and federal regulation and codes preferred.
• Ability to master technical issues, handle detail and complexity, simultaneously manage multiple tasks, communicate effectively, resolve conflict, partner effectively to develop win/win solutions.
• Minimum 5 years' experience in directing maintenance operations in a campus environment; utilizing both union and non-union labor force.
• Minimum of 5 years', preferably 10 years' experience in the industry
• Demonstrated leadership skills and experience leading a team
• Bachelor's degree required in a development core discipline such as Engineering (prefer mechanical/electrical, Construction Management, or related field)
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
It's the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It's hard to define and even harder to create, but that's what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world-class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.