Associate Project Manager
The Walt Disney StudiosBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Associate Project Manager (Project Hire)
It's the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It's hard to define and even harder to create, but that's what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Associate Project Manager in Burbank, CA. This role will report to the Director, Digital Distribution Services.
• Project manage the delivery process of Disney feature, bonus, shorts, and trailer contents to a major platform globally
• Maintain, update & champion the use of delivery/QC management tool to track status and analyze the progress
• Assist the asset prep and the package creation team during order placement, asset research, and execution
• Liaise with Library & Technical Services team and partner with Delta automation engineers to ensure successful delivery to the client and give continued operational support
• Produce and maintain accurate reporting of key Production metrics such as status, rejection cause, etc.
• 5 Years post production experience with intensive project management in both the network/studio side and/or the vendor partner side
• Ability to handle a fast paced environment simultaneously overseeing multiple titles in various phases of production (from asset research to delivery completion)
• Post Production digital delivery & various file format knowledge
• Knowledge of digital asset workflows for video, audio, subtitle, narratives, dubcard, artwork, and metadata
• Strong organizational and creative problem solving skills with proactive mentality.
• Ability to respond after hours for possible urgent matters
• Excellent project and time management skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multi-task
• Team-player who operates in a fast paced team-oriented setting
• You thrive in a fast-paced and demanding environment and are a proactive self-starter
• You are a good listener and team player who is flexible at taking new initiatives as needed
• You are organized and thorough with a strong attention to detail
• You are able to manage multiple tasks and shifting priorities under deadlines and are relentless in trying to problem-solver
• Willingness to continue learning to ensure understanding of current post process
• BA/BS Degree
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.