Associate Project Manager
The Walt Disney StudiosBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Associate Project Manager (Project Hire)
It's the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It's hard to define and even harder to create, but that's what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.
The primary function of this role is to assist the Manager of Operations in support of Digital Cinema, Asset Prep, and Quality Control to ensure the on-time and right the first time delivery of Disney films – including support of additional departments as needed (ex: In-Home Mastering, Filmmaker Services, Title Graphics, QC, Audio Mastering and other Ad Hoc work). Associate must be technically knowledgeable, through the gathering and understanding of business requirements, technical specifications, schedules and workflows. The APM coordinates with the digital operator team to ensure timely, accurate, and efficient delivery and ''owns'' the customer relationship between internal Walt Disney Company clients/stakeholders, third party customers and Disney Digital Studio Services. In addition, the Associate is a hospitality specialist who delivers excellent customer service by interacting comfortably with creative and executive team members. He/she must possess flexibility and creativity and be willing to assume challenges and increased responsibility, including handling routine matters in Manager's absence as well as keeping an eye out for ways to improve workflows/increase efficiency, etc. He/she must have a strong desire to grow within the job, learn more about Disney Digital Studio Services initiatives and businesses. Work responsibilities will include but are not limited to assisting manager in operational tasks such as workflow management, billing, ISO 9001 compliance and metrics reporting. Disney Digital Studio Services provides on-lot creative and technical post-production services to filmmakers and Walt Disney Company stakeholders. Services offered by Disney Digital Studio Services include sound mixing, editorial rooms, theatre and screening room operation, as well as a broad array of digital file-based services in support of filmmaking, mastering, asset finishing, and distribution.
The Associate Project Manager is anticipated to be a 1 year project hire role.
Start Time is 4:00 Monday - Friday
• Project Management: Coordinate the day to day delivery priorities whiles also forecasting the optimal plan of attack to maximize resources. Additional tasks include: Scheduling, status updates, reports, managing metrics, evaluating issues and escalating when necessary, system status updates, billing, facilitate meetings and manage a schedule book of our business and operations (including room, equipment, QC, delivery, etc.). The APM will assist in assigning day-to-day priorities of Digital Operators and assist them to ensure they are set up for success while performing their work. Creation of smart spreadsheets will greatly aid in the maximization of time.
• Client Services and partner management: The building and fostering of relationships with our customers and partners – being a friendly and helpful person who is happy to serve our clients and facilitate smooth deliveries with our partners. The APM supports management, partners and customers in understanding their Mastering Schedule needs and liaises with other departments and partners (i.e. Engineering, QC, Projection, Audio, Title Graphics, Subtitles, etc.) to ensure proper environment set up and availability of staff, rooms, assets, and experts. The APM maintains an ongoing daily communication regarding the status of the work. Due to the nature of production and post-production, there is the need to proactively communicate how changing schedules impact work and costs. Work must then be closed out and billed in a timely manner.
• Process Improvement & Innovation: Identify opportunities to improve existing workflows/systems and understand new technologies that we can leverage to be the most effective, innovative, and secure facility in the industry.
• Work Order Creation & Billing: The APM creates work orders and is responsible for accurate billing of services offered. Billing must be complete on time. He/she works together with clients to ensure that the proper time and facility rates are billed.
• The APM must have at least 5 years' experience working in Digital Cinema, Mastering, File Prep or related field, with a strong understanding of the motion picture post production process and technical delivery requirements.
• Strong understanding of Digital Cinema Mastering, asset prep, prequal, and QC.
• General and specific knowledge of the workflows and services offered within DSS (with the ability to learn and grasp new workflow concepts in the context of the industry's changing requirements).
• College Degree Preferred (field of study Media, Cinema, Post Production, etc. preferred)
This is a 1 year project hire role. The start time for this role will be 4:00 AM pacific time.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.