Sr Sales Planning & Analytics Analyst
The Walt Disney CompanyBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
It's the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It's hard to define and even harder to create, but that's what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world-class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.
Sales Planning & Analytics is a highly visible department within the Studio Distribution division that is responsible for providing analytical and strategic support to executive management regarding the theatrical release of Disney films. The team also works collaboratively across functions within the studio.
The Walt Disney Studios (TWDS) is seeking a Senior Analyst to work within Motion Pictures Domestic Distribution to provide analytical and strategic insight on Disney's theatrical releases. The role requires strategic and quantitative analysis skills. The individual must possess the ability to interface effectively with multiple levels of management.
This position requires strong presentation skills, both verbal and written. The role requires an individual who can analyze and translate data that will influence and drive management decisions by revealing trends. A proactive, independent, high-energy, positive attitude is a must.
• Provides analytical insights by utilizing business intelligence in support of film planning and strategy work.
• Provides analytical and strategic support on Disney's theatrical releases.
• Support team with analytics, reporting and business intelligence in support of film planning and strategy work.
• Develop industry reporting and analytics to support insights and visualization of complex data sets.
• Provide periodic review (daily / weekly / monthly / yearly / as-needed) of domestic box office results to executive management.
• Translate business requirements for the internal database into technical requirements for the technology teams.
• Manage domestic box office forecasting model used in release date decision making by senior management; requires understanding of statistical concepts.
• Strong analytical and modeling skills; must be comfortable building new models and maintaining and updating previously built ones.
• Strong PowerPoint and Excel skills; ability to effectively translate data onto a presentation format.
• Excellent communication skills, including presentation development and delivery.
• Ability to influence others by telling a story with data to make business improvements
• 3-5 years of experience in finance, business planning or other quantitative field.
• Ability to lead projects independently from start to finish, working with internal and external teams to make decisions and maintain momentum.
• Excellent time and project management skills, with the ability to manage detail work and communicate project status effectively to all levels.
• Highly collaborative and team-oriented work style.
• Availability during non-office hours, including early mornings, weekends and holidays.
• Ability to influence others by telling a story with data to make business improvements.
• Bachelor degree in a field of analytical study
This position is with ABC, inc. an equal opportunity employer