Project Manager Workforce Technology
The Walt Disney CompanyBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Project Manager Workforce Technology (Project Hire)
Workforce Technology is responsible for the strategy, implementation and end user support for TWDC enterprise systems for the workforce. This department within the HR Strategy Lab is responsible for partnering with the functional Center(s) of Excellence in Human Resources to develop their strategy & roadmap, piloting software and leading projects for system expansion.
This project hire position reports to the Manager, Workforce Technology, responsible for Talent Acquisition and Global Mobility Projects. This role will have deep technical expertise in systems in this area and be responsible for configuration and integration activities related to these functional areas during project implementations. This role will also be responsible for managing portions of large scale projects, as well as all phases of small scale projects from initiation to closure. Project Management responsibilities include development of all project management deliverables (e.g. project plans, risk mitigation, communication plans, resource requirements, etc.). This role will become deeply familiar with the functions it supports to parallel the expertise found in the function.
This role will work closely with members of Workforce Technology and DTSS, as well as clients, external vendors and consultants.
• Develop and maintain user stories, functional & technical requirements documentation to support the strategy of the functional area (e.g., personas, configuration, data, integrations)
• Develop deep technical expertise in systems including configuration and integration, performing these functions as a main portion of their role both in projects and sustainment
• Support system rollouts including planning, configuring, testing, hypercare and sustainment
• Project manage small efforts end to end and large efforts within a workstream (e.g. configuration leader, integration leader, test leader)
• Identify, troubleshoot and resolve issues that have the potential to adversely impact project or sustainment success. Escalate where they cannot resolve the issue
• Develop and Maintain Documentation for projects. Revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
• Ensure all work activities are on track by following up with owners, identifying barriers, reporting barriers to Manager, WF Technology, who will assist in solving barriers quickly.
• Reviews deliverables prepared by team, providing feedback and/or revising to meet standards
• Provide additional system and analytical support as needed
• Participate in meetings with clients, partners, vendors, and end users individually and group settings
• Communicate effectively, using both written and verbal methods, with a broad range of internal & external stakeholders, including executive levels
• Coordinates (with the integrations team) the bi-directional integrations associated with the HCM solution.
• Designs and manages the technical build of any offline data systems as necessary
• Manages day to day interaction with COE and Segment Leaders
• Manages day to day interaction with vendors
• Has a strong knowledge base in the Talent Acquisition and Global Mobility business, organization, and objectives
• Communicates effectively with COE and Segment Leaders to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions
• Sets and manages expectations
• Continually seeks opportunities to increase satisfaction and deepen relationships
• Provides work direction to project team
• Project leader to Talent Acquisition and Global Mobility process leaders for purposes of project deliverables
• Effectively utilizes each project team member to his/her fullest potential
• 2 years of full project lifecycle experience (requirements development through implementation)
• 2 years working with Software As a Service (SAAS) Applications supporting the configuration, testing or equivalent as a business analyst.
• Exposure to Project Management tasks via participation on small to large scale projects
• Extensive working knowledge of Talent Acquisition systems
• Working knowledge of HR disciplines
• Extensive working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Access, Excel, Visio, and Project
• Familiarity with testing software such as HP Application Lifecycle Management (ALM)
• Demonstrated problem solving skills, with a focus on business process mapping and continuous improvement
• Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
• Positive attitude and the ability to be proactive, resourceful, and flexible
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
• Demonstrated problem solving experience
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and change course of action quickly
• Detail oriented and excellent follow-through skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills; as well as, technical writing skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including customer service skills and demonstrated ability to build partnerships and collaborate
• Demonstrated success in previous systems analysis, quality assurance or project management roles
• 3 years of business or operational experience
• Experience working for a large-scale, multi-national company
• PMP® certification
• Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Business Administration, (or equivalent and/or experience)
• Master's degree in Information Technology, Business Management or related field
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company's powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you'll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Human Resources Strategies and Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Human Resources Strategies and Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.