Manager, Production Accounting
The Walt Disney CompanyGlendale, CA
Full Time Job
Enterprise Controllership is dedicated to providing high-quality information and services to our business partners. We support our business partners' decision-making process while earning their confidence and respect by efficiently reporting and maintaining accurate and timely financial data. Our vision is to be the global leader in providing financial and technical expertise. We promote innovation and growth by developing our employees and maximizing technology while maintaining a fun environment.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Production Accounting, the Manager of Production Accounting will be involved in the quarter close and year-end close processes, including but not limited to the analysis of production costs, distribution revenue, and overhead expenses, balance sheet reconciliations, and the preparation of Studio Financial Reporting deliverables. The Manager will have the opportunity to lead production audits (Live Action / Marvel / Lucasfilm) at various filming locations. In addition, the Manager will work with our Finance counterparts (Live Action / Marvel / Lucasfilm / Feature Animation / Pixar / Disneytoon Studios) to help ensure that all financial statements are in accordance with US GAAP and to provide accounting support, where needed. This role will also work closely with other internal Disney divisions, including Corporate Controllership, Treasury, and Tax.
• Responsible for all Studio production accounting, including capitalization of assets, write-offs, and overhead application to film costs
• Manage a team of three direct reports
• Review and analyze financial statements for studio production and distribution business units in order to ensure accuracy and completeness of the financial statements and adherence with US GAAP
• Liaise with business partners for all accounting inquiries including providing technical accounting guidance for new business initiatives
• Manage the quarterly close process to ensure that all deliverables are completed accurately and timely
• Review key quarterly and year-end financial reporting deliverables including margin analysis and footnote disclosures
• Review monthly development and production spending packages for accuracy and provide explanations for any significant variances
• Support production-related audit matters including supporting external auditor requests
• Partner with Studio Production Finance groups relating to forecast processes and operational initiatives
• Mange various ad-hoc requests from management, Finance partners, and other internal Disney divisions
• Establish an environment of continuous improvement to identify, develop and implement process changes to increase accuracy of our financial records or forecast, and efficiency of our processes
• 4-5 years accounting experience, preferably in both public and private accounting
• Effective communication skills (written & verbal)
• Excellent knowledge of accounting principles and internal controls
• Strong quantitative and analytical skills
• Ability to succeed in a team environment
• Customer-service oriented
• Strong problem solving skills
• Ability to adapt quickly and learn new tasks independently
• Excellent organization skills
• Ability to manage competing priorities
• Ability to analyze and resolve issues from multiple stakeholders
• CPA preferred
• Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in Accounting
At Corporate, you'll team with the best in the business to build one of the most innovative global businesses in any industry. Uniquely positioned at the center of an exciting, multi-faceted Company, the forward-thinkers at Disney Corporate constantly pursue new ideas and technologies to help the Company's many businesses drive value, all the while gaining something valuable from the experience themselves. Come see the most interesting Company from the most interesting point of view.
This position is a legal entity of The Walt Disney Company, an equal opportunity employer.