Instructional Design Project Manager
The Walt Disney CompanyLake Buena Vista, FL
Full Time Job
Imagine…being part of an organization that invests in its employees and believes in unleashing their potential through learning and development as an Instructional Design Project Manager.
• Make a meaningful impact by developing learner-centric experiences and aligning them with The Walt Disney Company priorities to achieve business goals
• Design and develop learning solutions for segment-specific training needs across The Walt Disney Company
• Manage learning projects from needs analysis to deployment, considering the complexities of diverse audiences
Due to the variety of learning needs, the Instructional Design Project Manager position requires a high degree of analytical ability to identify gaps in performance, agility to continue progress through change, and creativity to propose and develop the appropriate solutions. Interacting directly with multiple teams within the learning organization, client representatives, and subject matter experts, Instructional Design Project Managers are required to work with a high degree of collaboration, consultation, and focus on client service skills.
• Possess an in-depth understanding of adult learning theory principles
• Perform multiple functions, including: project management, instructional design, and instructional writing
• Assess learning needs accurately and propose creative and effective learning solutions
• Author scripts and other course materials, applying various writing styles and demonstrating an expertise in grammar, punctuation, spelling, company nomenclature, and copyright compliance
• Initiate and manage throughout the lifecycle of project, including: initiating projects, creating project plans, executing all milestones and tasks, monitoring risk, and evaluating success
• Leverage a diverse set of skills and delivery approaches, including: instructor led, blended, experiential, media based, performance support, and other emerging technologies
• Demonstrated experience and knowledge of Instructional Design, learning methodologies, technology and measurement
• Demonstrated experience in creating technical and soft skills training in a variety of applications such as computer-based training, facilitator-led training, blended learning, self-study, and job aids
• Demonstrated strong time management, project management and delegation skills
• Proven experience with development tools, such as Storyline, Captivate and InDesign
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in Instructional Design
• Master's Degree in Instructional Design
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company's powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you'll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Human Resources Strategies and Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Human Resources Strategies and Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.