Fall Intern - Talent Acquisition
The Walt Disney CompanyBurbank, CA
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Disney sits at the intersection of entertainment and technology, and all of our businesses, guest experiences and franchises are being influenced by technological advancement. Our technologists are the driving force behind Disney's global impact, inspiring dreams, bringing people together, and creating memories that last a lifetime and we must consistently and effectively evaluate and evolve our technology talent strategies in order to remain competitive and relevant within an industry that is in a state of constant change and flux.
The Programs Coordinator Intern is responsible for assisting in the coordination, logistics, and execution of programs and events specific to talent acquisition and community/organization outreach and engagement inclusive of conference sponsorships, organizational partnerships, meetups, company developed events, and our flagship programs including an enterprise-wide technology summer immersion program.
The role requires the ability to effectively coordinate the administrative and logistical efforts of executing large-scale events and activities while partnering with multiple stakeholders inclusive of talent acquisition leadership, technology business leadership, communications, public relations, enterprise social responsibility, diversity and inclusion, marketing, among others. Keen attention to detail, resourcefulness, and the ability to navigate through ambiguity are critical to this role.
• Assist in the coordination and execution of large scale, high visibility events in partnership with talent acquisition and other key stakeholders
• Handle administrative needs and logistics required to deliver upon key projects and event execution
• Create and maintain documentation of department processes as it relates to event planning and execution
• Collaborate with key players across multiple business units and company segments to manage deliverables
• Track expenses associated with all engagements
• Prepare detailed event briefs and recaps as appropriate
• Other duties as required
• Demonstrated experience in event planning and/or logistics
• Experience in assisting with the execution of projects and events with multiple stakeholders
• Demonstrated high level of attention to detail
• Experience working towards and meeting multiple deadlines
• Demonstrated experience in building relationships and fostering collaboration
• Experience in tracking expenses and other administrative duties
• High proficiency using Microsoft Office products inclusive of Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
• Previous experience conducting market/industry research and sharing findings to gain insights, data and identify trends
• Ability to conduct public research and collect data in the marketplace
• Experience or keen interest in both entertainment and technology industries. Passion around the technology industry and emerging tech trends.
• Social Media savvy
• Prior experience as a participant in the Disney College Program, or as a Disney Professional Intern
• Focus on diversity and inclusion
• Recent graduate, or pursuing a Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Marketing, Communications, Business Administration, or related fields
• Demonstrated passion of technology and technological advancement
• The approximate dates of this internship are June 2019 through January 2020
• Candidate must be available to work full time hours (approximately 40 hours per week) for the duration of the internship
• Able to occasionally work a flexible schedule including early mornings, late nights, weekends or holidays
• Able to provide own housing and transportation in the Los Angeles/Glendale/Burbank area
• Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
• Must possess unrestricted work authorization
• Must be at least 18 years of age
Required Materials: PDF version of resume must be uploaded at time of application
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company's powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you'll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Human Resources Strategies and Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Human Resources Strategies and Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.