Fall Intern - Human Resources Business Partner Graduate
The Walt Disney CompanyBurbank, CA
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Be a part of an innovative team and culture…
The Corporate HR team contributes to defining and implementing a Human Resource strategy which aligns and integrates with corporate strategy and objectives. This HR team serves as strategic partners to key clients by developing and delivering integrated and inclusive HR Services such as: Strategy Development, Organization Design, Talent Management, Organizational Effectiveness, Change & Transition Management and Functional HR Integration.
A Day in the Life…
The Human Resources Business Partner Graduate Intern offers a unique opportunity to explore the world of Disney through meaningful and productive projects. You will be provided with challenging projects, performance feedback, valuable networking opportunities, and many educational and social activities. This intern will assist with special projects in our Corporate Human Resources department, focusing on HR Business Partner concerns.
• Assist with the major Organizational Development and Workforce insights initiatives for HR – Talent Planning, Employee Engagement action plan implementation, Performance Management, and HR Analytics Research Projects for larger Corporate client groups
• Partner with the HR Business Partners to facilitate special projects involving team development (coordination of off-site team-building programs, researching development internal and external programs for recommendation, etc.).
• Act as the Project Lead under the guidance of HR Manager for key initiatives
What we are looking for…
• Interest, experience or coursework in Human Resources or Organizational Development
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook)
• Ability to create pivot tables, formulas, vlookup and charts/graphs in Excel.
• Strong technical and communication skills; professional writing skills are a plus
• Strong analytical skills including the ability to research and consolidate information to draw conclusions or tell a story
• Ability to create visually appealing presentations to share key findings from data
• Previous Human Resources or Organizational Development experience
• Passion for the Disney brand
• Previous experience working for The Walt Disney Company
• Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class, or be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months at time of application, or be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program
• Currently pursuing a Master's degree or MBA with a focus in Human Resources, Organizational Development or a closely related field
• The approximate dates of this internship are August/September 2019 through January 2020
• Candidate must be available to work full time hours (approximately 40 hours per week) for the duration of the internship
• Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
• Must possess unrestricted work authorization
• Housing: Interns must provide their own housing for the duration of their internship program.
• Transportation: Interns must have reliable transportation to get to and from work for the duration of their internship program.
Required Materials: PDF version of resume must be uploaded at time of application
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company's powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you'll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
The Walt Disney Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.