Director, HR Business Partner
The Walt Disney CompanyBristol, CT
Full Time Job
Director, HR Business Partner (Technology)
Sitting at the intersection of our Business and Human Resources, this Director, HR Business Partner is responsible for driving business strategies, shaping the employee experience, and fostering leadership success for the technology organization led by our EVP, CTO within our newest segment, Direct to Consumer & International (DTCI). This individual will sit on the HR Leadership Team and will influence HR teams and business leaders to build and execute plans to drive individual, team, and organization change. This executive will work directly with the Technology organization and in particular the senior Tech leaders within DTCI to build their people strategies to drive business value and have high employee and leader impact. S/he must enjoying working in a fast paced, complex and creative organization that is passionate about technology. A passion for creating diverse teams and inclusive environments is a must.
• Develop and implement a comprehensive and integrated human capital strategy that proactively addresses all major HR areas; talent acquisition, organization development, performance management, talent planning and career development, leadership development, employee communications, compensation and rewards, learning, etc.
• Provide contemporary and value added human resources business delivery; with both high touch, client focused internal consulting, strong metric driven service and transaction support components.
• Provide expert advice and counsel to leaders on all organization and human resources issues
• Personally lead all organization and HR initiatives
• Lead peers across the company when common functional talent strategies are developed and executed by Corporate leaders
• Lead the implementation of all key company-wide human capital platform projects; e.g. learning platform, performance management and talent planning for client groups
• In partnership with Talent Acquisition team, develops the internal and external recruitment and planning strategies to meet needs of various corporate organizations
• Leads the development of the training/development strategies to close skill ''gaps'' between current and future skill sets and competencies.
• Leads the development and alignment of key human resources practices to help drive business results.
• Partners with leadership in aligning all human resources systems to drive desired business results.
• Leverages the Corporate HR groups, proactively partners with broader HR team to share best practices, HR strategy / delivery.
• Manages and directs external consultants and resources in all change management and human resources strategies and activities.
• Establishes key metrics to drive measure and reinforce high service levels and internal consulting deliverables from the human resources function and to also measure the success of human capital strategies.
• Leads ongoing succession and development planning for the client groups in partnership with VP Corporate HR
• Conducts ongoing reviews of the assigned organization's organizational design and proposes changes to enhance operations
• Develops and administers employee performance management programs, plans and advises the assigned organization's management in the carrying out of performance management and employee development plans
• Consults with the assigned organization's management in aligning performance management and reward recommendations
• Provides ongoing performance coaching and feedback to the assigned organization's leaders regarding issues of managerial style, communications, and employee and peer interactions
• Interviews candidates for key operational or leadership roles within the assigned organization
• 10 plus years in increasingly responsible Human Resources roles including direct involvement with senior business executives in innovative, complex environments
• Significant experience and proven track record in organizational development and change management processes
• Experience at building a strong, contemporary and value added HR team
• Previous experience in large scale organizational transformations
• Strong experience in the creation and execution of communication strategies
• Global (international) human resources background.
• Track record of influencing executives, mid-level and senior management
• Possesses both strategic thinking capability and ''hands on'' HR plan implementation experience
• Strong influence, interpersonal skills and overall leadership capability
• Strong conceptual ability coupled with a proven track record of implementing HR and organization initiatives.
• Working knowledge of applicable Federal, State and local laws pertaining to the employment relationship
• Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
• Experience supporting technology client groups
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Human Resources Management or a related discipline
• MBA or relevant graduate degree preferred
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company's powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you'll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Human Resources Strategies and Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Human Resources Strategies and Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.