Director, HR Business Partner - Ad Sales
The Walt Disney CompanyNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Walt Disney Company's Direct-To-Consumer and International (DTCI) is a new, global business segment for The Walt Disney Company with the mission of providing consumers around the world access to the content they want most, on the latest platforms, at a time of rapidly-evolving consumer habits. Combining the Company's direct-to-consumer streaming services – ESPN , the Disney SVOD service coming in 2019 and its ownership stake in Hulu -- alongside Disney's international media businesses, DTCI aligns cutting-edge technology with world-class content and beloved brands to expand the Company's global footprint and deliver highly-personalized entertainment experiences to diverse consumers around the world.
DTCI also houses global advertising sales and ad technology for Disney media properties, which include ESPN, ABC, Freeform, Disney Channels and the Disney Digital Network. This centralization of ad sales provides advertisers a one-stop-shop for reaching diverse audiences across all of Disney's media properties, including its online and direct-to-consumer platforms.
Sitting at the intersection of our Business and Human Resources, the Director, HR Business Partner is responsible for driving business strategies, shaping the employee experience, and fostering leadership success for our Ad Sales organizations. This role will partner at the most senior levels of these businesses to build and execute plans that drive individual, team, and organization performance. This executive will lead a small direct team of 3 HRBP's and effectively leverage resource from HR centers of excellence in order to deliver on the HR strategies. This role will be a strategic change agent driving organizational transformation, the right candidate will have demonstrable experience of doing this within a fast paced and demanding environment.
• Develop and implement a robust people strategy that proactively addresses business needs and all major HR areas; talent acquisition, organization development, performance management, talent planning and career development, leadership development, employee communications, compensation and rewards, learning, etc.
• Personally business partner with senior leaders, ensure exceptionally high level of client focused internal consulting
• Lead a small direct team and leverage a wider shared services team to provide first class strategic business partnering and responsive, quality service to all employees within the client group
• Develop direct team to levels of high performance and enable individuals to grow and reach their potential
• Strategize and drive organizational development initiatives to ensure that the design, capabilities, processes and culture of the organization deliver the business strategy
• Directly provide or facilitate the provision of expert advice and counsel to leaders on all organization and human resources issues
• Lead the implementation of all key company-wide HR initiatives and life cycle activities for the client group; e.g. learning programs, compensation planning, performance management and talent planning for client groups
• In partnership with Talent Acquisition team, develop the internal and external recruitment and planning strategies to meet needs of various corporate organizations
• Lead the development of the learning and org development strategies to close skill ''gaps'' between current and future skill sets and competencies.
• Lead the development and alignment of key human resources practices to help drive business results.
• Leverage the HR COE's, proactively partner with broader HR team to share and further develop best practices
• Establish key metrics to drive measure and reinforce high service levels and internal consulting deliverables from the human resources function and to also measure the success of human capital strategies.
• Provide ongoing leadership coaching to key executives within the organization
• 10 plus years in increasingly responsible Human Resources roles including significant senior level business partnering experience; preferably within a media sales environment.
• Experience working with sales organizations is strongly preferred, media, entertainment and sports industry experience of benefit
• Proven track record of establishing credibility and delivering first class business partner experience to leadership, seen as the key partner in major business decisions.
• Business oriented, able to understand the organization from a commercial and operational point of view as well as from a people perspective
• Significant experience of leading business transformation and organizational change programs
• Experience at building a strong, contemporary and value added HR team
• Strong experience in the creation and execution of communication strategies
• Track record of influencing executives, mid-level and senior management
• Possesses both strategic thinking capability and ''hands on'' HR plan implementation experience – able to strategically conceive of a new ways of doing things and then pragmatically turn concepts into action
• Strong influence, interpersonal and analytical skills and overall leadership capability
• Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
• Working knowledge of applicable Federal, State and local laws pertaining to the employment relationship
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Human Resources Management or a related discipline
• MBA or relevant graduate degree preferred
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company's powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you'll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
The Walt Disney Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.