Associate, HR Business Partner
Direct-To-Consumer and InternationalNew York, NY
Full Time Job
At Disney, we believe it takes great people to create the memorable experiences, products and services our consumers know and love. When we grow and develop our people, we're investing in our future. As Human Resources, we are the champions of this investment.
The Walt Disney Company's Human Resources team does so much more than just support our employees…we engage our people, drive change and help our businesses achieve results.
How do we do this? By shaping the employee experience on all levels. By partnering with our clients to create and implement innovative business strategies. By being a true thought partner and proactively anticipating business cycles. By fostering leadership success and being experts in change management. By enabling smart decisions by leveraging business data, metrics and external market insights.
In your role as the Associate HR Business Partner, you will support the lead HR Business Partners to deliver HR programs and solutions in support of both short-term and long-term business goals for our newest segment, Direct-to Consumer & International.
• Demonstrates a working knowledge of the business and takes a consultative approach in anticipating, assessing, and providing creative HR solutions to business priorities
• Implements and administers HR policies and procedures and their dissemination through various employee communications.
• Provides consultation to clients by partnering on moderately complex HR processes, procedures, precedents and initiatives integrating appropriate centers of excellence (COE) partners as necessary.
• Provides day to day performance management guidance
• Assists with key talent processes including performance calibrations, talent review, succession planning, leadership development and talent assessment.
• Assists with consulting on organizational design/change/culture
• Utilizes reports and talent dashboards that measure talent efforts and provide predictive analytics for future changes or decisions.
• Works closely with BP team, managers and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention.
• Participates in special projects at both the HRBP team and client level
• Run the intern programs globally
• Handles correspondence with clients including high level executives
• Minimum of 2 years human resources generalist experience in progressively responsible roles
• Experience and exposure to a variety of HR facets including organization development, employee relations, talent acquisition, learning & development and compensation
• Proven ability to build strong relationships
• Excellent consulting and conflict management skills
• Strong use of judgment to identify and anticipate client needs and make recommendations for implementation
• Ability to effectively interact with all organizational levels in a multicultural environment and build trusted relationships
• Excellent analytical skills and the ability to interpret data, identify trends and recommend multiple solutions
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong organizational, motivational, communication and problem solving skills
• Ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities.
• Ability to function independently with minimal supervision
• Function in a matrixed, fast-paced environment
• Basic knowledge and application of federal and state employment laws
• Experience directly supporting clients
• SAP experience
• Project management experience
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field or combination equivalent work experience.
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney's international media businesses and the Company's various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company's global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company's direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company's ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Operations, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney Streaming Operations, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.