Business Development Manager
The RefinerySherman Oaks, CA
Full Time Job
A Business Development Coordinator to jump in and organize, track and maintain our current and potential client database, while providing oversight on business development activities throughout the company. This is a great opportunity for an incredibly smart, energetic individual who wants a career in entertainment and/or marketing.
• Working closely with Account Executives and Producers, maintain an accurate database of current and potential studio clients
• Develop strong relationships with and provide assistance to Account Execs and Producers in coordinating business development activities such as meals and other events, and ensuring follow-up is done on those meetings
• Track, organize and purchase client gifts to ensure a unique, personalized impression is received in a timely manner
• Identify potential new client projects using online and/or trade magazine research
• Research individual client preferences such as sports teams, music or hobbies for another point of connection
• Recommend client recognition projects for holidays or other events
• 3-4 years experience in an administrative sales/marketing support function where attention to detail and initiative promoted accomplishments
• Bachelors degree in Business, Marketing or similar major
• Proven track record of ability to successfully multi-task and work independently
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a tactful yet friendly personality
• Minimum intermediate level of Excel skills, strong use of Microsoft suite
• Bonus points for database maintenance (e.g., Salesforce) or other applicable software knowledge
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
The Refinery is an award-winning entertainment advertising agency located in Sherman Oaks. We work with all of the major studios producing creative print, A/V and digital campaigns for theatrical and television/streaming properties.
Our employees truly enjoy their 'second family' of co-workers here and we don't attract or retain divas or screamers. We love working collaboratively, unless we're competing in our annual Halloween costume contest!
Our partners are available and approachable, and our office culture is casual and homey. We are dog-friendly, sponsor onsite massages weekly, have free catered meals, a fully stocked kitchen, and heels and neckties are rarely worn (unless you're into either/both).