The RefinerySherman Oaks, CA
Full Time Job
We are looking for an eager Assistant Editor to supporting our creative teams, with the eventual goal of being a creative leader (editor/ associate producer) within the marketing and trailer segment of the entertainment industry. If that sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you.
As an Assistant Editor you will serve as an important member of our talented team. You will be based in Sherman Oaks and responsible for supporting our team's creation of cutting-edge trailers, TV commercials, special content, and sales reels for entertainment properties.
The ideal candidate will come to work everyday driven with a hard working - collaborative attitude and welcomes the opportunity to be part of a fast-paced, creative organization that values high performance and teamwork. As an Assistant Editor you will support all processes to help our team make amazing work. The candidate must also be the calm in the middle of a storm, working well with others and all the while meeting or exceeding quality requirements while on deadline.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, which varies depending upon your experience. We also offer a truly creative and supportive A culture, so if you are called to come for an interview, you can find that out for yourself!
• Superior attention to detail, and a mindset that processes can always be improved.
• Knowledge of Industry standard processes supporting media movement, ingest, organization, editorial, and audio.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team - think practically and be solution-oriented.
• Fluency in English is a must; Spanish is a plus (please apply in English).
• Working knowledge of Mac OS, as well as Microsoft Office, and email client programs.
• Prefer Bachelors degree in Film, Advertising, Media, or similar
• Must be able to lift 40 pounds.
• Import media from clients and prepare it for Editorial and Graphics use, including creation of starter projects and ascertaining specs for specific sequences of work.
• Prepare projects for finishing via preps, mixes, and in-house conforms and delivery.
• Communicate work status on all tasks to supervisors as well as to Producing teams.
• Import, Organize, and create selects for dailies / BTS / and varied project needs.
• Build Feature films from dailies for editors to cut from.
• Problem solve software and hardware issues alongside IT for Editors.
• Pull assets for graphics and music department.
• Post pieces for client and producer, making needed viewable copies, QC'ing, uploading and noting any concerns back to supervisors and producer.
• Maintain organized work files including finishing and projects worked on database
• Work with Producer and Editor on creative cuts, as needed.
• Supply your ideas on how to evolve creative and support processes within the company
• Contribute to early creative cutting and organization of creative elements for editors
• Quality of executionand individualized work
• Speed of executionand management of resources
• Ability to work effectively with others
• Ability to incorporate constructive feedback
• Ability to work with the needs of the specific projects at hand
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
The Refinery is an award-winning entertainment creative agency, located in Sherman Oaks. We work with all of the major studios producing print, A/V and digital theatrical and television/streaming campaigns.
We are genuinely nice, light hearted folks and love what we do. We operate without egos and you'll never hear any yelling and screaming in our office…that is, unless you happen to be at our intensely competitive annual Halloween costume contest.
Our partners are available and approachable and our office culture is casual and homey. Dogs roam (ok, rule) the office, onsite massages weekly, everyone dresses as they want (no speedos, please), we have free catered meals & a fully stocked kitchen, and we go ALL OUT at the holidays.