Summer Intern - Marketing
The Mann Center for the Performing ArtsPhiladelphia, PA
Part Time Unpaid Internship
The Mann Center for the Performing Arts is seeking a motivated, creative, and detail-oriented person for a Marketing internship opportunity. This role will assist in a variety of marketing responsibilities and the development of the Mann's digital presence across multiple channels, requiring a strong understanding of marketing concepts and excellent communication and organizational skills. This internship will report to the Marketing Department and provide administrative support as needed.
• Create, monitor, and log calendar listings of Mann events and assist with other cross-promotional online efforts
• Community management: monitor the Mann's digital channels for patron comments and liaise with the appropriate departments to determine best responses or actions
• Research upcoming performer news articles, trivia, reviews, etc. for use on social media
• Keep detailed records of marketing plan advertisements and invoices for settlements
• Provide administrative support and update the Marketing Department's digital databases and shared drives as needed
• Assist with the customer experience digital survey process
• Manage the press daily clipping process
• Assist with publicity copywriting and proofreading
• Update the venue's backstage press board for each show
• Assist with the media list, various complimentary ticket requests, and maintenance of the artist photography files
• Assist with public relations and marketing responsibilities at concerts and events at the Mann that occur during nights and weekends
• Assist with the planning and execution of promotional activities and partnership activations
• Other various marketing projects or duties as assigned
• Degree or pursuance of degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Graphic Design, or related field preferred
• Attention to detail with solid copywriting and proofreading skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, particularly Excel and Word; familiarity with Outlook, PowerPoint, or SharePoint a plus
• Understanding of current digital marketing concepts, strategy, and best practices
• Must have a reliable form of transportation
• Comfortable interacting with patrons and willing to provide customer service as needed
• Communicative and highly organized
• Ability to capture and edit videos and photos for social media and digital screens a plus
This internship includes a $1,000 stipend, half of which is paid at the halfway point (on or around July 18th) and the other half upon completion of the internship (on or around September 5th). In order to trigger the stipend payment, successful candidates must meet the time commitment criteria:
• Time commitment for the internship is 32 to 35 hours per week
• May 31st through August 31st (though availability earlier in May and during September is preferred)
Interns will work primarily at the Mann's offices located in Center City Philadelphia, with event support on nights and weekends at the venue in West Philadelphia. The Mann is happy to provide documentation for college or university credit, though current enrollment is not required.
The Mann Center for the Performing Arts is a non-profit organization, located in Philadelphia's beautiful Fairmount Park, continues its rich tradition as the greater Philadelphia region's premier outdoor cultural arts center. The Mann's executive offices are located on the Avenue of the Arts in Center City, Philadelphia.
It is the policy of the Mann Center for the Performing Arts to provide equal employment in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship. All conditions and privileges of employment are administered to all employees without discrimination or discriminatory harassment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online