Sr Video Editor
The Hollywood ReporterLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The Hollywood Reporter is looking for an experienced Sr Video Editor based in Los Angeles who will be a key member of a growing production team, working collaboratively in a fast-paced entertainment environment. The ideal candidate is someone enthusiastic about film and television, music, and popular culture. He/she will edit and create graphics for a wide range of short and medium format content including: behind-the-scenes features, interviews, special event packages, documentaries, film and music festivals, and marketing sizzles.
• Edit short and medium format content to broadcast quality standards including: behind-the-scenes features, interviews, special event packages, documentaries, and marketing sizzles.
• Expertly apply finishing and packaging skills to each edit, including: color correction, sound design, sound mixing/eq, graphics and multi-format delivery.
• Help bring creative video concepts and stories to life in a way that's relevant to the brand's growing audience.
• Be supremely organized and proactive at every stage of a project - from footage intake to distribution.
• Communicate clearly and positively across departments and with managers about project schedules, creative decisions, approvals, deliverables and publishing strategy.
• Stay up to date on technical developments and software updates and apply new skills to improve workflow and quality.
• Embrace and exploit emerging video platforms and formats: live streaming, animation, VR, social video formats, etc.
• Assume other duties as assigned.
• 5-7 years of professional editing experience
• A bachelor's degree in Film, Animation, Visual Studies or similar
• Expert level knowledge of full Adobe Creative Suite
• Proven success working with creative teams, directors and clients
• A firm grasp of digital camera formats, frame rates, codecs, compression techniques and file-based workflows
• Adept online editor: color correction, music supervision and post-production sound mixing
• Keen eye for detail in sound, pacing and story of edits
• The ability to juggle multiple projects and deadlines
• Experience working from a server with other editors
• Motion graphics and animation skills
• Knowledge of video camera operation, lighting and sound recording a plus
• Travel is required in this position. Must be comfortable editing on-site and in the field at annual events around the U.S. and abroad.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Due to the volume of resumes that we receive, only those candidates selected for consideration will be contacted. No phone calls, no agencies please.
The Hollywood Reporter is an equal opportunity employer
This is a full-time staff position with an annual salary and great benefits.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online